4 | lighthouse

23rd december 2013

Saina
What's our cabin number?

Me
No 2

Saina
WAIT NO 2?! DID YOU MEET YOUR NEIGHBOUR THEN?

Me
?

Saina
You didn't? 

Me
You're talking about cabin 1?

Saina
*yes! sticker*

Me
Then, yeah...I did...

Saina
Cool! You met Ved even before I introduced you two!

Maya stared at her phone. Agarwal....

Me
Don't tell me Ved is...

Saina
Gaurav's brother, yes yes

Maya, "...."

What an amazing co-incidence.

Me
What's their father's name?

Saina
You figured it out already? It's Jayant

Maya, "...."

This is way too many co-incidences.

Saina

And yeah, Jayant in the sense the director Jayant Agarwal

Me
Got it.

Saina
Anyways, I'll be there tomorrow. Wash all your socks, I don't want the cabin stinking

Maya, "..."

I don't even use socks!

Maya placed her phone down and picked up her comb. Gathering all her strands, she tied it into a pony, held in it's place by a scrunchie. 

She smoothed down her crop top and glanced at herself in the mirror. Just perfect for when I have to run.

She grabbed her camera bag, phone and purse and made her way out of the cabin.

Hailing a taxi after walking downhill, she hopped in and opened her phone. She typed in 'Jayant Agarwal' and clicked on the list of his movies.

I offer you a galaxy of stars    (2001)
Hey Ali              (2005)
On the fourth of November   (1999)

The list had 10 movies in total. Maya browsed through it, reading the plots and the cast. Then, she pulled up another tab and searched up Bundok lighthouse.

Bundok Lighthouse
Currently closed for tourists.

This was her plan for the day. Sneaking into the lighthouse that was not open for tourists. She grinned to herself and looked out the window. The cab dropped her by the road leading to the beach.

She pulled out her camera from her bag and began recording. She walked along the coastline, memories of playing on the beach with Anu and Vineet earlier that year, popped in her mind.

As she walked, she noticed she was inching closer to the lighthouse. Once she was at a closer distance, she paused and looked around.

"Alright." She whispered to herself, gazing into the camera. "Let's get started."