2 | the second run-in

21st december 2013

THE BRUNETTE dragged her suitcases in, while balancing her phone between her ear and her shoulder. 

"Yeah, aren't I lucky? A whole 12 day holiday for the year-end. Pulan Uni is the best."

"Lucky you and here I am, stuck with physics again."

Maya burst out laughing. "Now, you're wishing Vineet would appear out of thin air, aren't you?"

"It's not just a wish, it's a prayer, at this point."

"Hm...did you get his phone number?"

"No luck yet. I asked around with his classmates but none of them seem to have any idea about his whereabouts."

"Doesn't your mom have Nina's number?"

"Yeah, but...I don't know, it'll be awkward to ask his mom, you know."

"Hm...well, good luck searching for him, I guess."

A sigh was heard on the other end of the line.

"I'll call you back, Anu. Let me just unpack and settle down in the cabin."

"Sure, sure. Take your time. Bye."

"Bye."

Maya slid the phone into her pocket. She glanced around the cabin she had rented for 12 days. It was a wooden one, with serial lights scattered around and older looking bulbs fixed. A few green plants and a book shelf was placed in the center of the cabin.

Behind the wall of the book shelf were a pair of twin beds and bedside tables. On the opposite end was a tiny bathroom with all the necessary amenities. 

Towards the left of the center of the cabin was the kitchen.

It was a pretty and small cabin.

"Not bad." She whispered with a smile.

She placed her duffel bag by the side of the sofa and unpacked her books from the suitcase, slowly arranging them in the bookshelf, with music playing in the background.

Then, she got to unpacking her clothes and placing them inside the cupboard next to the beds. Pulling out her phone, she texted her room-mate.

Me
I've reached. Cabin is cool.

A reply arrived almost immediately.

Saina
Ugh. I'll be there in three days. This damn professor.

Maya chuckled as she placed the phone aside. She decided to have a quick shower before eating out. 

Locking her door, she tugged on her thick over coat as she padded away from her cabin, in the direction of the town square. She just wanted steaming soup at this point. Just that would satisfy her. Piping hot tomato soap with bread chunks as she snuggles in the corner of some cozy restaurant...

Just thinking about it made her mouth water.

She sauntered through the passenger walk of the town square. It wasn't really a passenger walk. Just a heightened part of the road that everyone tacitly declared was the side walk. She browsed at the menus displayed outside various restaurants, deciding to walk away when she saw it packing and bustling with crowd inside.

Why were there so many people in a quaint hill town?

Maya groaned to herself as she continued walking. Finally, she decided on a restaurant. It was also crowded but it was the only restaurant that had a lesser crowd as compared to it's predecessors.