24 | a date

AFTER A GRUELLING SCHEDULE of shooting multiple scenes on the same day, Maya trudged back to her cabin, exhausted and weary.

It didn't help that her assistant couldn't come to Bundok just yet. The family trouble had persisted, holding her back in Pulan for nearly 4 days.

Maya shoved her key into the knob and twisted.

"Shall we go on a date tomorrow?"

Maya turned around, half startled and half shy.

"Date?"

"Yeah. We're dating, aren't we?"

Maya nodded slowly.

"Where are we going, then?"

Ved smiled. "Let's keep that as a suprise, yeah?"

Without waiting for a reply, he walked over to his cabin and padded in, shutting the door behind himself.

So, she was going on a date tomorrow.

The next day, Maya dressed herself in her best clothes. She wore her clothes like they were her armor and defense for the date.

Unable to wipe the grin off her face, she locked the door behind her and glanced at the neighboring cabin. Ved was waiting outside, squinting at his phone.

Maya tucked the strand of hair, that reached until her shoulders, behind her ear. She successful managed a poker expression as she padded a few steps towards him.

"Shall we get going?"

Ved looked up. He took a moment, taking her in. Then, with a smile, he stepped forward, slipping his hands in hers.

"Yeah. Let's go."

They walked to the town's square. Maya shot continuous, spaced glances at their intertwined hands. 

"Let's go there." Ved pointed at a booth which had black curtains covering it. When they inched closer, Maya realized it was a haunted house booth.

With a smirk, she watched Ved pay for their coupons. He led her inside.

At first, it was just dark. Maya kept her ear perked up, trying to catch even the smallest sounds. Then, she heard one. She sneakily picked up her phone and held it near her chin.

When she heard the soft crunches, getting a little louder, she held herself steady, one of her hands still in Ved's.

3, 2, 1.

"Boo!" She whispered against the ear of a ghost, who was preparing to ambush them. The ghost screamed and the two of them flinched, in response.

"Wow, I really scared you, huh." Maya commented, as one of the lights turned on.

The 'ghost', covered in make-up and baggy black clothes, blinked at her, adjusting to the light and calming his racing heart.

"Woman, you should be working as the ghost here, not me."

Maya raised an eyebrow.

Soon, they left the haunted house, which was really only a small little booth with only one ghost scaring everyone.

As they padded out, Ved struggled to keep a straight face on. His shoulders trembled and his lips twitched.

"Yeah, I'm well-versed when it comes to haunted houses and such stuff."