27 | the aftermath

THE SEQUEL to 12 Days In Bundok released a month later. 

It was the talk of the town, even well after it's release with fans and critics gushing about the movie. All the emotional fans from 12 Days In Bundok cried on seeing the couple meet their happy ending years later.

Maya watched the official screening along with Ved and the crew of the movie. 

At the end, the line of the male lead stuck with for quite a few days.

"In the end, it will always be me and her against the world. She said that both of us liked to take challenges. Why take it all alone? Why not take it together?"

The following night, all her memories with Ved played on a loop in her head. 

The next day, as Ved was dropping her off after their date, Maya paused. "What's your most favourite movie of all times, Ved?"

Ved glanced at her, fiddling with something on the car's system.

"I offer you a galaxy of stars."

Maya smiled. "Then, I offer you a galaxy of stars."

Ved stared at her, puzzled. "I, Maya Raviker, offer you my galaxy of stars. Do you, Ved Agarwal, accept?"

Ved's face slowly broke into a wide grin. 

"Really?"

"Really." 

Ved immediately reached for her and hugged her. "We shouldn't be plagiarizing other people's ideas on romantic confessions, you know."

Maya laughed. "Yeah, I couldn't think of anything else. I didn't want to say a plain 'I love you'."

Ved pulled back and gazed into her eyes. "Let's solve all the puzzles in our lives together, shall we?"

Maya smiled. "I'm up for it."

Maya's career didn't exactly flourish after the film. But she was doing good and she was satisfied with where she was.

She had founded her own studio, which slowly and tenaciously picking up pace. She already had under her a dozen employees and had hosted a costume exhibition for the movie.

Through the movie, she had received contracts from other directors but had declined.

"I would be receiving a good deal of money had I accepted," Maya said, as she peeled potatoes in Ved's apartment that day. 

"But that's not what I'm after. Costume design is not something I like. I want to make clothes and sell them."

With a pause, she also admitted, "Although if you ask me to work as the costume designer for some film of yours, I wouldn't decline."

Ved had smiled at her. "And why is that?"

"Well, we could sneak off on some dates while shooting, you know. Otherwise, I wouldn't get to see you for months on end."

Ved burst out laughing at that.

"As you wish."

˚₊ ❄︎

wordcount: 426 words