Prologue

I'm Melanie.
The only sibling to Princess of Hell, Charlie.

And the youngest daughter of Lucifer, ruler of all Hell.

Being the youngest by two years, well...I was always never of importance to my father, unlike Charlie.
I was always...cast aside to the shadows, while he focused all his attention on the true heir of the throne.

Charlie.

I was envious of her throughout my years growing up while remaining in her shadow. I wanted to feel loved by my father just as much as he cared for Charlie.
But I never got it.

So when I came of age, I left home for good and moved in a small place in downtown Hell.
It became clear that I would never get any love or respect from Father, but...at least I wasn't entirely alone.

My sister cared for me. She was always there for me, even on days when I wanted to push her away with how envious I was.

But besides that, moving out and living on my own, I grew bored, and for fun decided to do bad things. Mostly turf wars. That was my go to sport for fun. My bestie Angel Dust was into them, so he's the reason why he got me hooked.

Until one day, my sister called me up, shouting about her grand idea to open a hotel in Hell for demons to redeem themselves and go to Heaven.

Laughable!

But, I knew how much it meant to Charlie.
So I agreed to help her.

Not knowing that on my first day at the hotel, the most dangerous demon in Hell would walk in the door...

And...the demon that would change my life completely.