(Spin Off #6)

pairing: Melanie x Alastor x Lucifer x Ten year old Evangeline

*summary: Something peculiar happens to Evangeline, and that involves her getting...wings*

***
ALASTOR...

I hum softly under my breath, walking up the final staircase steps, going down the hallway until I reach the word that has the name Evangeline written on it.

I knock on her door with the tip of my microphone staff. "Eva, darling! It's time to go!"

"uh...I...I can't! I'm not ready yet!" I hear Eva's voice, muffled through the wooden door. Strange...she has been in her room for over twenty minutes, and she still she is not ready to leave?
Her voice sounds nervous too...

I knock again. "Eva, it has been twenty minutes. I do believe that you are ready."

"uh...n-no I'm not!" 

I sigh impatiently. Evagenline is at the age where...what's the word? Puberty, sinks in. Oh dear...I hope she isn't being secretive behind closed doors. 

I sigh once more. "I am respecting your privacy by knocking my dear, but I am asserting my authority as your father by coming in anyways!" 

"No! Don't come in-"

I open the door, gasping, my smile falling. Evangeline is...floating, in the air, with...two wings that are colored red and black sticking out of her back. My eyes widen. She has WINGS?! WINGS LIKE AN ANGEL?!

Instinctively, I approach her and take her in my arms that way she doesn't fall, and she clings to me tightly. "I-I-I don't know what's happening to me!" she says, panic in her voice.

"Shh, darling," I brush aside her soft red and black hair, trying to calm her down, "there is no need to fret. We will get to the bottom of this, sooner or later." On the inside though, I'm panicking. How in the world could someone like Evangeline have angel wings? She is a demon for goodness's sake! A Hellborn child! 

Evan whimpers frightenedly when I set her back down. "Stay here for me, will you? I am going to find your mother. Just take a seat, and...don't think about it, okay, can you do that for me?"

Eva nods, and in an instant, I rush out of her bedroom, running down the steps of my house and going into the kitchen where Melanie sits, drinking her morning tea while scrolling through her Hellphone.

"Darling?"

Mel looks at me. "Yes, Alastor?"

I try to keep the panic from my voice. If I show the slightest worry or panic, Melanie will freak out ten times more. "Your father...Lucifer, is a fallen angel, correct?"

Her brow furrows. "Yes...that's right. But...why are you asking?"

I swallow a nervous breath, clearing my throat. "I do believe our...Evangeline has...gotten her wings."

Mel stares at me confused for a moment, before my words sink in, making her jaw drop as she leaps out of the chair and runs upstairs. 

***

Immediately, we left home and cancelled any plans for today, so that we could rush to Lucifer to see if he could explain what in the world had happened to Evangeline. I remember that for a week, she has been complaining of back pains...though this, was quite unexpected. 

When we arrived to Lucifer's home, he met us in the living room, where he could get a good view of Evangeline's wings, his eyes widening.
"I've...never seen such a thing before," he gently touches her wings in disbelief, "how could this have happened?"

"We were hoping you could explain to us," Melanie says, the look of fear and worry written in her face, watching as her daughter, Evangeline, stands in front of Lucifer, with a pair of red and black angel wings attached to her back. 

Lucifer kneels in front of Eva, touching her shoulders comfortingly. "Tell me...how long has this been like this?"

"I woke up to it," Eva says, nervously, swallowing a little. "I-I have been feeling back pains for a while...but this morning when I woke up...they were there." She twists and squeezes her hands, and Lucifer tries to calm her down.

"There's no need to be scared," he smiles softly, "this is actually a beautiful thing."
He rises to his feet, turning towards me and Melanie.

"I believe she inherited...my angelic form." 

Our eyes widen. 
Melanie rises to her feet. "But how could that be? How could me and Charlie not get wings...but Evangeline did?"

A very fine question indeed. How could someone like Eva, have angelic wings and possibly angelic powers, when both her mother and father are demons?

Lucifer shrugs. "It's confusing yes...but," he looks at Eva, dismissing her to go to another part of the room so that we may talk in private. "There is something different about her. She...possess a power I can't quite understand...or have ever seen before. Indeed, the possibilities of Evangeline being very powerful do stem from the fact that her mother is my daughter, and her father is The Radio Demon."

I smile.

"But these...angel wings, it's something I've never seen before. It's almost as if...she's half demon, and half angel," Lucifer finishes.

"She is your descendant, perhaps it's possible that any sort of angelic trait skipped Mel and Charlie's generation and landed on Evangeline," I point out, rather intrigued that Eva was blessed with such a beautiful, rare, trait.  I always knew that Evangeline was special, even her name Evangeline stands for Angel.

It was fate for our daughter to be incredible.

Melanie approaches Eva, touching Eva's wings, the look of shock and...joy in Mel's eyes.
Me and Lucifer smile softly.

Eva looks up at us. "Wanna see something cool?!" she says, before leaping into the air, her wings sending a wave of air to me, Melanie, and Lucifer. 
Eva flies in the air, before doing a spin and accidently falling.

Mel gasps. "Are you okay?!"

"She's fine, darling. In fact," I nod at Eva, smiling from ear to ear. "She has never been any better."

Eva smiles softly, before Lucifer approaches her.
"If it's alright with you, I'd like Evangeline to maybe stay here for a few hours, so that I can teach her about her wings."

I nod. "Take as much time as you'd like. Melanie and I have matters we need to attend to, but we will be back before nightfall."

Lucifer nods, before softly taking Eva's hand, smiling down at her. "Let me take you to the library, there's something I want to show you."

Eva follows him to the library, and softly, I smile.
Though Melanie...

"I'm worried," she looks at me, "Evangeline having angel wings?"
"It is a strange thing indeed, but...it's beautiful, as well," I smile down at my worried wife. "This is a new beginning for Evangeline, my love...doors are opening for her. And truly, I can't wait to see her full powers blossom as she grows to be an adult."

STAY TUNED FOR MORE SPIN OFFS!