Ch. 5 *Lucifer*

*One Month Later*
MELANIE...

"Mel? Mel?" I feel a pair of hands shake me awake, which makes me curse under my breath, opening my eyes to see Charlie shaking me.
"What's wrong?" I groan, ready to fall back asleep, before the three words make my eyes shoot open and my heart stop.

"Dad is here."

I sit up in an instant. "WHY is HE HERE?!"
"He's here with mom, too," she pinches the tips of her fingers nervously, "I-I guess they want to see the success of the Hotel?"
She tries to chuckle, but I can hear in her tone that she's shit scared.

Especially since every time me and dad see each other...we always fight.
In bad ways...

"Does he know I'm here?" I ask, and she nods.
SHIT.
I exhale a shuddering breath. "I'll be down in a minute. Just...keep them disctraced for a while."

"I think Alastor is already doing that," Charlie says as she steps out of my room and goes down the stairs.
Oh yeah...that's right. Of course Alastor would talk to my dad. To BRAG about his sins with pride, most likely.

I stand up on weak knees, getting dressed in white dress paints with a black coat that has gold buttons before I comb my black hair.
Staring in the mirror, I see a memory of the last time I saw my dad...two years ago, when I moved out.

We fought badly that day, and it was the day when he screamed that he hoped Hell would eat me alive.
I shudder remembering it...

"No, Mel. Just breathe in and out...it'll be okay."
I add a golden hairpin to my hair, before inhaling a deep breath and head downstairs.

I see Vaggie and Angel Dust in the corner, watching as my father Lucifer and my mother Lillith hug there precious daughter, Charlie.

Angel hears my footsteps, so he glances at me, the look of actual worry on his face.
I touch his shoulder gently. "It'll be fine. Just stay here, okay?"

He nods, and so does Vaggie.

I slowly go around the corner and get a full eyes view of my father, tall and proud, dressed in his white suit, and my mother, her blond hair running beautifully down her back while she wears a stunning gray and black dress.

My heart pounds.

Alastor is there too, chatting with my mother and father. He kisses my mothers hand, and flatters her, before he compliments my father, which strokes Lucifer's ego even more.

Alastor is a hell of a good speaker...no wonder he had a super well know radio show when he was alive.
Alastor sees me straying behind, before he steps aside and motions me to take his spot.

As we are about to pass each other, he puts his hand on my shoulder, stopping me.
"Smile, dear. It will make things feel easier."

He disappears down the hall and around the corner, leaving me with Charlie, Mom and Dad.

Mom is the first to see me, and she gasps.

"Melanie!" she rushes to hug me tightly, kissing the top of my head while running her fingers through my hair. "You cut your hair! Oh and look at your clothes," she pulls away to examine my outfit. "You look beautiful in that style honey!"