Epilogue

*Six Years Later*
MELANIE...

"Papa!" a five year old girl with red and black hair and dark eyes with golden highlights runs down the stairs, her pretty little red dress bouncing as she runs to where Alastor stands, fixing his bow in front of the mirror.

Alastor glances down. "Why hello my sweet Evangeline! I see you are ready for tonight's festivity?"

She giggles, spinning around in front of him. "Mama made me a new dress! Isn't it pretty?!"
"Quite so!" he bends down and picks her up, tickling her softly as she laughs in joy.

I come down the stairs, one hand raised to fix my golden earring as the other follows the railing of the staircase.
There heads turn to see me.
"Mama!" she jumps out of Alastor's arms and runs to me.

I laugh, scooping her off the ground.
"Aw my little angel," I push aside a lock of her red hair that stops halfway down and changes to the color black, much like her father's hair. "Are you ready to go see Aunt Charlie and grandpa Lucifer?"

"Yes!" she jumps out of my arms again and runs outside, only for a panicked Niffty to run after her, telling her to slow down and wait for us.

I laugh softly when I feel Alastor's arm wrap around my waist.
"You look ravishing tonight, my dear," he kisses my cheek, and I blush.
"We don't want to be late," I snake my arm around Alastor's. "Shall we?"

He grins. "Of course," he responds as we make our way out of our house and to our limo where Niffty and Evangeline sits.
As we sit, our little girl crawls her way to us and sits in between me and Alastor.

Alastor chuckles, pinching her cheek gently.

I still can't believe that this is my life now.
Me, married to Alastor, and a mother to a beautiful little girl.

I never imagined my life to be like this.
Seven years ago, just days before the Hazbin Hotel opened, and days before I had met Alastor, thoughts going through my mind were such things like how lucky I was that I had a roof over my head.

I never dreamed once that I would be here now. A married woman, with a little daughter.

Alastor notices me staring at him, and he smiles.
I take his hand in mine, and make room for Evangeline to sit on my lap.

Tonight...is a special night.

***

"Uncle Angel!" Evangeline bursts through the barely opened door, running straight for the eight foot tall spider demon.
She laughs as she clings onto his leg.

"Hey there's my girl!" he picks her up, throwing her into the air before catching her. "Look how big you've grown! You're almost as tall as me!"

I can't help but smile. Deep down, Angel's always loved children. He's kind of good with kids too, surprisingly.
It makes my heart fill with joy seeing him this happy to see Evangeline.

I laugh softly, approaching him and my daughter.
"Hello Angel," I wave, and he hugs me.
"Hey Mel," he pulls away, still holding Evangeline. "How are things with you and smiles?"