Ch. 19 *Wake*

*The next morning*
MELANIE...

I hear birds chirping outside my window, and the sunlight basking its warm glow on my eye lids.

Groaning, I open them, only to see at least a hundred burned out candles surrounding me, a Pentagram symbol drawn on my blanket and...

I bring a hand to my mouth when I see what appears to be a bowl of blood on my nightstand.
And...a passed out LUCIFER (AKA MY FATHER!!!) ON A CHAIR BESIDE ME!!

What is going on?!

I try to slip out of my bed, but I hiss when my body weight falls entirely on me and I collapse onto the floor.
Waking...my...father.

He shoots up in an instant and rushes to where he heard the commotion, only to see me laying on my stomach, struggling to get up.

"You're awake..." he whispers, bending down.
I fight to keep away from him. "Stay away from me!"

"Melanie-"

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" I shout, trying to get away from him.
He's only gonna hurt me again, he always hurts me!

His arms go under my legs, lifting me up off the floor and laying me down gently on the bed.
Fear is pulsing through my veins when I see him sit on the chair closest to me.

Is he going to hit me? Mock me? Say that I'm pathetic for getting kidnapped?

He doesn't say anything for several moments, his head hanging low.
Before...he hides his face in his hands and...cries.

Uh...what is going on?!
Is my father possessed?!!! He never cries!

"Lu-Lucifer?" I ask, hesitantly, before his hands wipe at his tears.

"I was so scared, I-I thought you would die," he says through a cracking voice and quiet sobs.
He...WHAT?! Why does he care all of a sudden?!

I can't even speak, I only stutter, not knowing what to say or do or what's even happened!
All I can remember is I passed out in the hotel and...here I am. With appears to be, in a room, where a ritual happened?

"We had to do it," he says suddenly, which makes me jump slightly. Did he read my mind or something?!
"It was the only way to save you."

"Save...me?" I ask slowly.
He nods. "You were dying, and I preformed a ritual and sacrificed a soul for you to live. Oh Melanie..." he breaks down in another wave of sobs. "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry Melanie."

"For...what?" I ask quietly, before his hand grabs mine and squeezes it. 
"For being awful towards you. For never giving you the love or attention you deserved. For always singling you out and giving my love to your sister. For hurting you."

Suddenly, he hugs me.

"Melanie, you are an amazing demon and I couldn't have asked for a better daughter then you or your sister Charlie. I was a goddamned fool to have never realized it," he pulls away, "I promise I'll do better. I'll be a better father to you. I'll be the father you always deserved. Please, Mel...please forgive me."

My eyes widen.
He's asking me to forgive him, after all those years of abuse and pain, he's asking me to forgive all the mental scars he's giving me?