Ch. 1 *Hazbin Hotel*

MELANIE...

"You got hit pretty hard sis," I hold the ice pack to my sister, Charlie's, cheek.
She hisses when the cold touches her, and sitting beside us, is a raging Vaggie.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" she screams at the white and pink spider demon across us, who plays with a button to a window.

"What?! I owed her a favor," he throws two of his arms behind his head and leans back, while the other two play on his Hellphone.

"WITH TURF WAR GENOCIDE?!" Vaggie shouts, fury plainly seen on her face.
Charlie curls into a little ball, arms wrapped tightly around her knees, her face tucked in.

I exhale. "Vaggie has a point," I mutter. Though most days I don't like throwing my boy under the bus.
But even I admit, he did a stupid thing at the worst timing possible.

"Aw come on I had too! my credibility was on the line!" Angel whines, "what kind of reputation could I have if people found out I was trying to go clean?!"

"Your credibility?! Your little stunt made us look like a joke!" Vaggie shouts back, looking ready to throw a knife at him.

Angel laughs. "No no no babe, jokes are funny! I made you guys look...sad! And pathetic! like an orphan...with no arms."

Charlie hides her face behind her blond hair, groaning under her breath. Jesus Angel...

I sigh, bringing a hand to my temple. "Come on guys, let's just stop for now, we'll figure out what to do."

"I'm going to kill him," Vaggie growls.
Angel smirks. "Too late, toots. Hey where's the liquor?!"

I shake my head, glancing down at Charlie.
"You okay?" I ask.
She doesn't speak.

I sigh again, resting my hand on the car door and looking outside at GRAND, BEAUTIFUL Hell.
A Hell my father is so proud of.
A Hell my sister wants to clean.
A Hell that is supposed to be home, but its someplace I never feel welcomed in.

When we finally pull up to an old, abandoned building were trying to fix up as a hotel, Vaggie gets out and goes to Charlie to talk with her for a moment, but I'm stuck with Angel Dust.

"You should've been there, Mel. Would've been fun."
I look up at him since he's literally eight feet tall and I'm only five feet.
"If I wasn't stuck helping sis, I would have," I walk away into the hotel.

Weird fact, Angel is...actually like my best friend.
Yes I know his..."hobbies" are bad taste to be around one of the princesses of Hell.

But as I've said before, no one cares about me or what I do.
Except for my sister, and my mom...
For a while, before I decided to help Charlie with this hotel, I was the type that would occasionally get into some turf war trouble.
Along with Angel.

But when sis called me up and asked for help, I agreed, and even asked Angel to do it too since he owed me a favor.
But now...I'm starting to think that was a bad idea. Given the stunt he pulled today.

I plop myself down on a double seat couch, glancing over at Angel who digs around for food, only to pull out a Popsicle.

"Pass me one," I say, and he tosses one to me before sitting next to me and eating it. "It's probably a good idea to actually get some food in this place," Angel points out.