Ch. 8 *Do You Want To Be Remembered*

*Three Months Later*
MELANIE...

I. CANNOT. BELIEVE. I'M. HERE.
Due to my fathers...birthday! Me and Charlie were forced to come to his birthday ball and gala.

Thank god Charlie is with me right now, I don't think I'd be able to handle myself out here alone.

I pinch my gloved hands, glancing down at the dress I was forced to wear.

(A/N: Melanie's dress)

Charlie approaches me. "Hi Mel! Are you...are you feeling okay?"
Ha! OKAY?!
I inhale a shaky breath. "I hate it here..." I whisper, before I feel her arms hug me.

"Its okay, sis," she says, rubbing my head. "Mom is here too. So is Vaggie, Angel, and Alastor."

Ah yes. Alastor.
Whose over in the corner, crowded with fangirl and fanboy demons who praise him for all the sins he's done.
I roll my eyes, crossing my arm.

Looks like he's forgotten WHO he's here for.
I glance over at Charlie and her dress, her long hair tied behind her in a braid while she wears pearls and gold on her wrists and neck.

(A/N: Charlie's dress)

"What is it?" she asks, nervousness on her face

I smile. "You look beautiful sis," I say.
Her face lights up and she hugs me again. "You too," she whispers, before pulling away. "Hey Mel, I've never...properly thanked you. For everything you've done to help me. You've been there with me through bad and good times. Hell you even punched that news reporter four months ago."

I laugh, remembering that moment.
I've always wanted to punch her, thanks to Charlie getting in a fight with her, it gave me the excuse to do it.

I grin, arms crossed over my chest. "That's what sisters are for, Charlie. To help each other out, no matter what."
Her face softens, and for a third time, she hugs me.