Ch. 3 *A Song And Dance*

*One Week Later*
MELANIE...

I sit in the main room of the hotel, where a bar/hotel desk sits, and a drunk Husker sits behind it with a bottle in hand.

Alastor's GRAND idea. Which both Vaggie and I disapprove.
I disapprove mostly because he's bribing people to join.
But Charlie, oh noooo, she's smiles and giggles every day all day, in complete awe over everything Alastor has done, and how many people have come just because of it.

He even changed the name from Happy Hotel to Hazbin Hotel.
Can you believe it?!

"This is amazing!" Charlie says to Alastor, who only grins and smiles.

I start to feel sick to my stomach again, groaning as I bury my face in a book.
Angel glances at me. "You're annoyed."

"Yeah," I lift my head, "I still don't trust him."
Angel shrugs. "Eh, he's an asshole, but at least he's cute," he smirks.

CUTE?!!!

I literally wanna smack him in the face, before suddenly, I hear music play.
I look around. "Where is that coming from?" I ask, before I see Alastor take my sisters hand in his.

🎶"You have a dream, you wish to tell,"🎶he starts to sing, snapping his fingers above Charlie's head.
All of a sudden, her suit changes into a skirt with a blouse, her hair up in a bun, under a hat.

Her smile grows wider then I've ever seen before, and it...surprises me.
Alastor's suit has changed a little as well, and he's wearing a red and black top hat, before he leans into Vaggie's side, still singing.

🎶"And it's just laughable, but hey kid! What the Hell?!"🎶

He tosses Charlie high into the air, and I stand up, in fear that my sister was going to fall and get hurt.
He catches her before I can, and dances with her.

🎶"Cause you're one of a kind, a charming demon Belle!"🎶 he snaps his fingers again, and Vaggie is suddenly wearing a dress and hat, Angel wearing a suit and tie.

And me...

I gasp, looking down to see a stunning red dress with long sleeves and black stripes on the sleeves and my hair tied up in a bun.

(A/N here is the dress)

I'm too busy examining the—probably nicest dress I've ever worn—to notice someone come my way, taking my hand and spinning me

🎶"Now let's give these burning fools a place to dwell. Take it boys!"🎶

Shadows appear all around us, playing instruments at the very will of Alastor.
And Alastor, dancing with me to the beat of the music...
Me. Of. All. People.

He spins me again. 🎶"Inside of every demon is a lost cause, but we'll dress them up for now with just a smile!"🎶

He let's me go and begins to dance by himself, before approaching Charlie, taking both her hands and spinning, only then to pinch her cheeks and lift them in a smile.

🎶"And we'll chlorinate this cesspool with some old redemption flair! We'll show these simpletons some proper class and style! Oh here below the ground I'm sure your plan is sound. They'll spend a little time down at this Hazbin Hotel!"🎶

The song ends, and all the shadows disappear, and the room goes back to its normal color.
All our clothes go back to normal.
Which...kind of sucked. I really loved that dress.

Now I'm back to my black crop top and ripped jeans...yay.

Alastor, does one low, bow, smirking at all of us, awaiting applause of his little show.
Charlie squeals a little, jumping up at down. "That was fun!"

Vaggie rolls her eyes. "It was...okay."

"Thank you my dears," he laughs, fixing his cost and standing up a little straighter. "As I've always said, the world is a stage. And a stage is a world of entertainment." he smiles.

Charlie giggles, running off to chat with Vaggie about how awesome it is having the hotel taking off.
Angel goes back to the bar where Husker is.

And me, I stand in the middle of the hallway, with Alastor.
He glances at me over his shoulder, grinning before he turns and takes his leave to go someplace.

I bite my lip, exhaling a breath as I decide to go to my room.
When I arrive I open the door, only to gasp when I see what's displayed in front of me on a headless stand.

Its the dress I was wearing when Alastor was putting on his little show.
I approach it, touching it gently, afraid I'll disappear by a single touch.

But its real...

"Ahem."

I look behind me to see Alastor leaning against my doorway.

"You...you didn't have to do this," I point out.
He laughs. "Of course I did my dear. After all, we want to look our best for the Hotel." He turns to leave, before looking over his shoulder at me. "Do remember to smile, sweetheart. You're never fully dressed without one."

And with that, he disappears down the hall.
Leaving me in the room, with shaky hands and...blushing cheeks.

Probably because I've never been called darling, or sweetheart before.
Well, I mean, Angel's called me that a couple of times.
But...there is something different with the way Alastor says it.

I exhale, shaking my head.
I'm being stupid. This is Alastor...the Radio Demon.

He says things to people to get his own way, he's manipulative.

But still...this dress feels a little special to me now...