Ch. 15 *Missing*

*Next Day*
ANGEL DUST...

I approach Melanie's door and knock.
"Hey Melly Belly, you in there? I want my pig back."

No answer.

I knock again, a little harder. "Melskie?"

Still, no answer.
I sigh, thinking that she's purposely avoiding me because the asshole Alastor put her in this state of depression, so I open her door, only to see that she's not there.
I frown. Okay...that's not her style.

Her bed is still made, and there are no signs of her clothes from yesterday thrown on her floor.
Did she...leave?

Suddenly, Nuggs runs out from under her bed, oinking softly as he approaches me.
"Nuggs," I bend down and pick him up, running a hand down his soft pig hair. "Where's Mel?"

He stares up at me in silence, blinking once. Yeah, of course. He can't talk. I know that.

"When was the last time you saw her?!" I hear a panicked, muffled voice that belongs to Charlie scream downstairs.

I set Nuggs down and go downstairs to see a hyperventilating Charlie, and Vaggie trying to calm her down.

"Maybe she's just out."
"SINCE LAST NIGHT?!" Charlie screams, grabbing her own hair and tugging it. "Melanie would never do that!"

Melanie...

"What's going on?" I ask, a little fear in my tone. I didn't find Melanie in my room, and if Charlie is this scared, then something is definitely up.

Charlie turns and runs to me. "Please tell me you've seen Melanie!"

I shake my head. "Sorry, I haven't. Wh-"
"She's been missing since last night! Husker said he saw her go out for a walk, but she hasn't been back since!"

My eyes widen.
Oh shit...Oh hell no!
This side of Hell is Valentino turf! And someone like Melanie, walking ALONE! She's a lamb in a lions den.

I push past her, running out of the hotel, going to a car and hot wiring it, speeding off in panic.
I need to find her, oh shit I need to find her before its too late.

I can't lose someone like Melanie. Not to a monster like Valentino.
But how will I do this?! I can't just burst through Valentino's doors! He'd kill me and Melanie in an instant. 

There has to be a better way to do this.

Suddenly, I stop, noticing a grand five story high house with metal iron gates decorated with deer statues.
Wait a minute...red door, deer art.

This is Smile's house!

I park, throwing the door open and running up the steps to his house, ringing the doorbell, but when that's too slow, I pound on the door.

Only for a furious Alastor to open it.

"What in Hell's name are you doing here?! And HOW do you even know where I live?!"

I punch him in the face.

He falls backwards, sitting up in an instant but I grab him by the collar of his coat.
"This is your fucking fault!" I scream, "if you hadn't hurt Mel this would have never happened!"

Alastor looks as if he wants to slaughter me, his smile growing wider, and his eyes glowing redder, but I'm not scared of him.

"Because of you she's missing! Because of you and your damn pride she could be held hostage by Valentino!"

Suddenly, Alastor's face changes to back to normal, without his smile.
"Melanie's missing? How is that possible?!"

"Because of you!" I let him go and stand up straight. "You may not care, but you have no idea how much Mel means to me," I shout, not ashamed to reveal my secrets, because of the fear of losing Melanie. "She saved me from losing myself entirely to this lifestyle! She was there for me when no one else was! She's saved me more times then I could ever count, and I swear, if she gets hurt, and its because of you, I will fucking make sure you die twice!"

Alastor stands up, straightening his coat and breathing in.
"Have everyone look for her."
He walks past me, outside.
"What the hell are you going to do?!" I scream at him.

He looks over his shoulder at me. "I have business I need to attend."

"WHAT?!" I shout, ready to pull out one of my guns and shoot him, but he vanishes without a trace.
I growl. "Bastard!" I run back to the car, get in, and drive all throughout Hell, screaming her name.

******
ALASTOR...

"Shadow?" I summon, and he appears beside me.
I look over my shoulder at him. "Search every corner of Pentagram City. Do not come back unless you've found her."

I snap my fingers, and my shadow disappears down the streets, searching for any trace, any glue, of Melanie's whereabouts.

I clench my staff in my hand.

I think its time I pay "Valentino" a little visit.
Maybe we'll sit down and have a nice, short, CHAT.

I snap my fingers again and disappear.