Ch. 6 *A Little Too Much To Drink*

*That Night*
MELANIE...

Angel said I needed to loosen up after everything that's happened today.
And when he means loosen up, he means going to a bar and getting nice and drunk to the point where you don't even remember your own name.

I almost said no, because I wanted to just hide in my room and cry some more in my pillow, but deep down, I couldn't deny the fact that I needed something to numb me.

So I agreed, and we left, walking for about ten minutes to a local bar that's both our favorites.
We sit in our usual stools at the counter, order our drinks, and clink them.

"Bottoms up," he says, before we tip our shots and drink them, putting the glasses back down.
"Feel better?" he asks.

I shake my head. And he orders another.
I exhale a breath. "I think its just one of those things, Angel," I mumble, burying myself in my arms on the counter.

He glances at the from the corner of his eye in mid drink, before he too sighs and sets his glass down.
"Great, now you've soured MY mood," he tries to joke, but it doesn't work.

I don't respond, and he shakes his head.
"Jesus Christ Mel just tell me what's on your mind!"

I look up at him. "Uh...everything that's happened today?"
"No," he shakes his head, pointing a finger at me. "Because if that were the case, you'd be challenging me to a drinking contest right now and you'd laugh and talk about how you'd like to punch your old man...something else is in there, Mel," he taps at my head, and I push his hand away.

He's not wrong there.
There is something else on my mind.
And that something is Alastor.

I feel...embarrassed that I cried like a baby, and after he was done singing to me, he...acted weird.
Well, not weird, he acted as is expected him to act.

He gently pushed me off of him and stood up with a wide smile while fixing his bow tie, saying that he is needed someplace else.
And he just...walked off, whistling.

I don't understand it.
Did he get enjoyment out of my pain like he usually does to others?
Or was he merely...unsure of what to do next?

God he's so hard to read.

Angel reads the expression on my face, before he smirks.
"Did something happen between you and Smiles when I left?!"

"What?! Hell no! No no no," I shout, and Angel only snickers.
"But you answered my question."

"Huh?"

He leans in and smirks. "He's the thing on your mind right now."
Oh that sly little-
I sigh, feeling defeated as I sink into my stool, hiding my face.

"Yeah." I mumble.
Angel leans against the counter. "Well, spill it. I'm giving you my ears for one minute."

I glance up at him.
He is so weird sometimes...but that's why I love him to death.
Well, he's already dead. Haha.

I sit up. "Alastor has been with us for a month now, right?"
"Yeah."
"Well," I start to pinch my fingers. "He's...done some...nice things for the hotel so far. Charlie seems happy."