(Spin Off #3)

Pairing: Alastor x six year old Evangeline

*summary: Alastor takes Eva to the pet store...but there's a little problem. And that...involves a puppy.*

ALASTOR...

Melanie had to go to the hotel on urgent business, concerning her sister, Charlie.
So today, I'm spending it with my little girl.

But instead of being cooped up all day in our house, I decided to take her out for a fun day.
We've went to our favorite cafe that's children friendly, and after that, we walked around the streets.

Demons are still hesitant to be around me, so as we walked, the sidewalks would be clear.
I hold Eva's hand, and she looks up at me.

"Papa?"

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Why are people scared of you?" she asks, my insides twisting.
I don't dare tell her the real truth, she's much to young for such matters.
So, I come up with a lie.

"Oh, there not scared of me," I laugh, "no no no, it is more or less...they respect me. You see, papa is considered one of the highest overlords of Hell, and with that being said, demons respect me."

"What about mama?" she asks.
"Your mother is daughter to Lucifer. In conclusion, means she is higher ranked then all demons here. And even higher ranked then I."

"Oh," she says, "I don't get it."

"I do not expect you too. But!" I see a pet store on our right, "shall we go see the little critters?"

"YEAH!" she runs inside before I can, and I can't help but chuckle.
When I step inside, I see Eva in the corner admiring the fish...
Well, OUR version of fish anyways.

The pet store owner (A Boar Demon) eyes widen.
"You..." he breathes out, pointing at me.

I glance at him, and smile. "Yes?"
He becomes a little panicked. "It was you...you killed my brother!"

Oh dear. He must be talking about the Boar Butcher I...killed, and ate...a couple weeks back.
I couldn't allow him to hurt a lesser demon, (a sheep demon)

(A/N For those who have seen the comic dub of Alastor titled "A Day In The After Life", will understand this scene)

I cast a glance to see my daughter in the farther corner, looking at the one eyed frogs.
I lean in closer to the pet store owner.

"Yes, it was me," I say, my voice becoming dark, "and it will be you next if you continue with this in front of my daughter."

"Papa!"

I pull away quickly, smiling. "Coming darling!" I walk my way towards her, leaving behind a scared pet store owner, who stays out of my sight and way.

"Whatever is it?" I ask, coming to her side, before I jump back when I see what's in her hands.
A puppy...a dirty, flee ridden, disgusting PUPPY!