Chapter Twenty Six

Amelia's POV
I woke up the next morning with a huge headache, turns out I totally fell into a deep sleep immediately I went home. As a matter of fact, I am still in still in the red dress I wore, gross! I feel so uncomfortable

I hopped in the shower, brushed my teeth and came out with my robe to find something to wear. I settled for a simple T-shirt and sweatpants then proceeded to look for my phone. Mason must be worried sick! I totally disappeared last night. I opened the phone and my heart sunk.

Zero messages, absolutely none. Well there were some messages from the group and a few from Andrew asking if I arrived home safe and morning, bla bla bla. None of that matters. It's Mason I looked forward to. I opened the chat and my heart sunk deeper. Last seen 8:53am today. The time now is 9:18! He was even online a few minutes ago! Well maybe he's very busy and maybe he wasn't even the one that came online with his phone. Maybe he forgot. Forgot? Forgot me or? No Amelia, this is Mason. Think well!

Me: Good morning Mason
He's online now. I saw eagerly waiting his reply but it never came. 9:20.....9:22.....9:30......

Mason: Morning Amelia

Me: what took you so long, isn't it a good morning?

Mason: I was busy.

Me: um okay

Mason: what time did you arrive from your dinner

Me: Actually not sure, I think 10pm? Not sure really

Mason: Okay

Me: Are you good?

Mason: why don't you ask yourself that. Should I be good with everything?

Me: what everything? Did something happen? Didn't you get to meet your mom in Russia today?

Mason: I actually did and nevermind. I'll be off. Goodbye.

Me: byee 👋

I paused. Something isn't right, he seems.... Different. Did something happen to his mother again? Or his father? What could possibly be going wrong with him? I needed a hint to what's going on, I needed something, anyway. I'll ask one of the boys.

I looked through their status and aha! One of them is online right now. It's Liam. I swiped to my phone app and called him. I need voice to voice talk for this

"Hey Amelia" he seemed to be in a noisy room

"Hi Liam, what's up?"

"Nothing much, just having my best life in Japan" that explains the noises I could understand. Someone in the background was speaking it so fluently

"Oh wow that's nice, where in Japan?" I've always loved that country

"Tokyo! Literally the best I've seen so far" the noise in the background tuned down so I guess he moved

"It's not been up to a week there and you're already mingling from what I can tell" he was literally by the library last week and he's jumping around in Japan almost like he's been there multiple times "you've been there before?"

"Nah, this is my first visit" impressive I thought "and what do you mean one week? I've been in Japan for like two and the half weeks now"

Wait...what??? He gotta be kidding me. No way, I remember Mason literally asking me about Liam's whereabouts just last week, he said he was passing by "you weren't back home last week?"

"Nope, I've been in Japan since. As I've said like two and the half weeks now" he sounded very sure

"Are you lying to me?"

"No really, why would I. I can literally show you my plane tickets, geeze" he sighed "why so shocked?"

"Nothing, I just saw someone that looked exactly like you last week, at the cafe Library" I lied. I cannot rise suspicion right now

"Oh" he laughed "that must be one lucky guy"

"Yeah...." I didn't even feel like extracting the information I called for "just called to check up. Enjoy your holiday. Bye Liam"

"Yessir!" He disconnected the call

I feel lied to. I feel deceived. Worst of all, it's because of Mason. Oh my goodness this hurts, I'm not sure I even want to know why he'll lie about something so insignificant. His recent actions didn't even make it any better, he left me on delivered when he was clearly online and all he has to say was he's busy.

I cannot be selfish. What if he actually was busy? What if he was with his mom or dad and they had to discuss something then he left his phone on making it look like he was online? I may sound delulu right now but there's a very high chance in my head that I am right. Oh please may my hypothesis be correct!

That night I sat by the table. I still needed to know what's going on with Mason. Something has to be up with him, this isn't how he behaves. I had a lot to tell him about the very crazy dinner but he didn't even come back online. I stared at my phone thinking who to call. Who? It can't be Liam, that will just be weird. Maybe Jack? No Oliver! He seems chill and better to talk to

"Yo dudette!" His voice sounded clearly

"Hey Oliver" I paused thinking how to ask this "what's up?"

"It's all cool, literally haven't heard from you in ages"

"That's true, it's been a long while" I'll ask now "actually I wanted to ask a question, have you been speaking with Mason lately"

"Nah not really, my dudes been busy with life. Last time I spoke to him was like I don't know when he came back from Russia" No Freaking way

I played along "oh yeah, he came back from Russia, after meeting his mom. Like how many days ago..." I pretended to think

"Like three days ago not sure" he confirmed it. My heart felt like it wanted to explode "what about it? Trouble in paradise?"

Heck yeah! "Nah" I lied "I was actually planning a surprise for him and wanted to ask you if he had any plans so I'll reschedule it if they clash" I lied again

"Hmm let me think " there was silence for a minute "I don't think so. My dudes should be free throughout this holiday break. unless it just pops up randomly, you're good"

"Alright, thank you so much Oliver you're the best" I added a favor "do me a favor, don't tell Mason about this Convo at all, I want the surprise to be topnotch and not spoiled! You can keep surprises a secret right?"

"Yeah, sure thing dudette" he assured me "not a word, I cross my heart"

"Thanks again Oliver!"

"Sure thing dudette" I ended the call

I'm going to sit the corner of the room on the floor and cry now. That seems to be the only solution. Mason doesn't love me anymore. Mason.... Mason lied to me. He lied to me twice. Why? I don't freaking know! He left me on delivered and didn't even come back online to chat me up today.

My throat constricted and I couldn't breathe. My eyes stung as I crawled the corner beside my bed and folded my legs to my chest. I curled my arms around my folded legs and placed the back of my head against the wall looking up trying my best to keep the tears back. It wasn't working.

A dam. A dam was behind my eyes and it would at any moment break in. I could feel it. My nose began to get watery and I could feel my face heating up, it's probably cherry red right now. Mason. One tight of his beautiful smile and that was it, the dam broke.

Tears ran down my face like a waterfall and I sat there, sobbing in confusion of this mixed signals. Hurt from all the lies. Disgust for myself for crying over a boy. Regret for ever letting him stay in my heart this long and most of all anger. Anger for both him doing this and me letting him.

Mason, why?

💕 love y'all 💕