Chapter Twenty Seven

I needed to know the truth. That was the first thought that came to my head when I woke up the next morning. I feel I let my emotions carry me away last night. I mean... What if he lied because he didn't want to burden me with a problem he's facing?

After breakfast and waving mother goodbye as she left for work, I Mason's number. He didn't text me since yesterday and last seen half an hour ago... The phone ring for some second before he picked up

"Hey Amelia" his voice sounded cold

"Hi Mason, how've you been?" I asked

"I'm doing great, why'd you ask?"

"Well, it's just that..." I didn't want to seem obsessive over him, how do I say this. "How's Russia?"

"It's great, literally freezing right now" he's still lying "anyway, the reception in Russia is terrible, I'll call you when I'm back at the hotel"

"Alri..." The phone ended

That's it, I'm not taking this anymore. If he want to play this game, oh game on! I went to my room, wore teal cargo pants and an oversized cardigan coupled with some Nike sport shoes and headed out. On my way out, I looked in the mirror. You can do this Amelia. You can do this. I tied my hair into a messy bun, clipped it and headed out after grabbing the key on my way out.

I decided to walk to his house to clear my head while I went there. What would I say? How would I say it? Mason, why did you lie to me? No. Turns out I don't know where Russia is. No. Not it either. I've been thinking for so long I didn't realize when I arrived at the doorstep.

Luckily, the security men remembered me let me in without a hassle. So did the workers inside whom directed me and told me he was up in his room. Oliver was right, he has been in town for a few days and that made me feel worse. I have to admit, deep down, in some part of me, I prayed Oliver forgot or that it was a joke. But this seems real, too real.

Mason's door stood before me but I couldn't bring it in myself to unlock it. Should I just turn around and go back home? This is not happening..

"I've always been right" I heard a light voice murmur. I can swear that isn't Mason's voice, it sounded almost.... Feminine?

"Mason, it seems Russia isn't..." I opened the door and froze mid sentence.

My eyes. My heart. I wish I could numb them that instant. Mason was in the room alright but what made it so unbearable was Patricia. She was with him, in the room and no, not just casually standing by which would still hurt but she stood before him, pressing half her body on him as she rested on the study table. His hands gripped the edge of both sides while everything of her was dangerously close to him.

Mason looked at me and there was something in his eyes. Indifference? Towards... Me? Coldness? I couldn't pinpoint it, but I didn't like it. It was an aura that told me to get the hell out. I interrupted something and I could feel hate oozing out of them both, some more than others.

"So" I tried my best to keep the tears away but I could feel my skin heating up. My face must be red already "Turns out I never knew where Russia is"

"Amelia, could you leave? I'm busy" he looked away and faced the window by his left

"Mason, why did you lie..." I saw his jaw clench, he didn't even want to listen to me. Fine, so be it. "I see, this is what you're busy with. My bad. I'll be leaving"

"Amelia" I stood but didn't turn around to look at him "we are both liars here"

"Both? The only two liars in this room is you and her" I started walking