Chapter Twenty Eight

That moment, I got in my car and drove to Andrews house. I waited for him in the car while it got late. After an eternity I got out of the car when I saw him. I saw read and the first thing I did was land him a punch to the jaw

"What the hell man!" He grunted

"What were you doing today at the cafe?" I asked ready for another punch

"Nothing"

"Nothing?" I punched him again and then he staggered backwards. I brought out my phone and showed him the recording

"Oh sh*t" he murmured "well since you already know, take this. She forgot it a the cafe" he handed me a red scarf. Amelia's red scarf. Oh damn, he's done. He's screwed!

The next day, I woke up to a text message.

Patricia: do you believe me now?

Me: No.

Tho it all seems suspicious, I wouldn't be so dumb to believe this just like than. That proves nothing. I ignored that.

A few days later something happened that I couldn't ignore. It was the dinner Amelia attended. After disappearing for the whole night after the dinner, Patricia showed up at my house and she seemed jiggery.

She told me the details of that dinner and how Amelia knew she'd be meeting Andrew tonight along with his mother. That was strange because I remember Amelia saying she had no idea who her mother's new friend was. Why would she lie anyway?

"You must be wondering why she'll lie about something like that" Patricia seemed to know what I was thinking "She claims to not know because she's hiding anything shady going on. You still don't believe me?"

"No. I don't" I doubted my words but one thing was for sure, I can't trust Patricia and Amelia isn't helping matters, she's not making me believe her even if I wanted to.

"Here, don't be blind" she handed over her phone to me

She opened the chats of her and Andrew. It seems Andrew thinks Patricia and him were friends. He's cheated her about many thing but most of them was Amelia

"Before you think anything, Andrew came to me for help on Amelia. I'm not helping him in anyway but he thinks I am so he trusted me with all he knows" she said

There were chats about him talking about the cafe Library date with Amelia, another about the dinner with him mom that Amelia and her mom would attend along with a screenshot he sent to Patricia of his chat with Amelia the night before the dinner.

Me: have a lovely dinner, it must be very important

Lia ❤️: yes, it is very important

Me: ohhhhkayyyy

It was a very important dinner... Lia? Why the f*ck will he save her that? Only her mother does that
"See Mason, she knew it was dinner with him" Patricia disrupted my train of thoughts "She just didn't want to tell you that" I ignored her whispered and continued scrolling.

Andrew: Amelia is so beautiful, look at her!

Me(Patricia): what's up?

Andrew: Look at this picture of her

The chats that followed had pictures of Amelia snooping around his room, it looked like she was familiar with that... the net pictures captured her sitting on what seems to be Mason's bed.

Andrew: Gotta go, I'm gonna try something

The chats ended there and there was a  voice chat history a few hours later. Whatever he tried he must have told Patricia over that call... But what? WHAT THE F*CK DID HE TRY? I didn't even want to know. I checked the time Andrew sent those live pictures and it was around 11:30. Almost 12:00 am yet Amelia lied. She told me she was back home around 10 pm.

"Mason, I'll say it again. Please don't turn a blind eye to this. Amelia is playing you" Patricia retrieved her phone "open your eyes. Just make it click. Why didn't she agree to be your girlfriend immediately you asked? She was looking through her options. Why did she lie? She was hiding her shady doings"

"Just leave Patricia" my head was boiling and I felt like destroying something

"Mason. I'll leave, just remember, I'm here for you" she said softly and walked to the door "I haven't said this yet, but I'll say it now. I'm sorry for everything I've ever done to you and if I had a chance to redo it... I swear I'd treat you right"

With that she left and I raged. The first thing I saw was a perfume bottle on the table. I picked it up and threw it across the room watching the glass shatter exactly the way my heart was. I hate myself, I hate that I love her, I hate that I am still in love with her eve after this, I hate that I wasn't blind, I hate that my stupid heart still told me to go back to her.

My head and mind were conflicted. My head made me see the proof, made everything click in my head, made everything make sense yet my stupid, useless heart kept trying to convince me to remain blind. How can one unsee the causer of his pain?

That night I stayed in my room and drowned myself in wine. I kept taking them, one after another until my universe went blanc but all I could still see was Amelia's face. Her innocent face... I finally get what they mean by looks can be deceiving. Amelia, the one I saw to Angel is from darkness. Nothing more nothing less

-End of Flashback-

I came back to reality, back to the present. I sat on the edge of my bed thinking to myself. Why does everything that makes me happy always disappear? This is some bad luck, very bad luck.

Amelia's POV

I ran while my tears kept pouring, trying my best to go home as fact as I can. I just wanted to sleep, sleep and forget this ever happened. Sleep and wake up to find out everything was a dream.

My head was lost in a daze and I could feel big pieces of my heart falling off. The worst part to all this is I can't even say he as cheating on me, we are not together officially anyway. He can't be held to anything but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt, and if everyone it's Patricia. The one person I truly despised will all my soul. Why her? Just why?

I kept on trying to walking straight but I couldn't. My legs kept walking side to side taking me places I didn't will. I tripped and fell forward with my hand catching me in all fours. I stood there for a moment gasping for air until I looked up. there was bright light coming, what's that? My hearing was muffled and it only settled in when I heard an engine roar. I gathered my strength and jumped out of the road crashing on the side walk as my blurry vision watched the car come to an abrupt halt.

A figure opened the doors and rushed to me but I was far too gone. My eyes couldn't see much. My hearing was muffled too but I could hear a voice with a hazy tone panicking. I was being lifted and I knew I needed to wake up, what if I'm being kidnapped for goodness sake. I kicked my legs trying to gain control but that wasn't possible. Everything went blank and I was too far gone.

Please vote and share your thoughts in the comments!!! 

LOVE Y'ALL!