Chapter Thirty Five

Andrew's POV

The new few weeks was treacherous. It felt like hell. Why? Because it was treacherous and hell for Amelia. She seems to try coping but I'd be lying if I didn't see that she was wilting. Her spark has gone dimer than ever.

Her SAT is in five days and today is their English showcase day. She had ranted about how she'll fail the English project because Mason didn't act out his part even once, he always declined to meet up and practice the scene with her. For me that is a good thing knowing they aren't spending time together and Mason won't trying getting her back but for Amelia, that was 40% gone which made her unbalanced on her academic pinnacle.

Students from other classes where invited to watch the English showcase of Amelia's class and I decided to go watch the play unfold. I was sitting front row by the left close to where the English substitute and the theatre arts Teacher sat.

The show unfolded. They came in pairs. The first pair whose team name was Birds of the same feather walked on stage with a swan lake themed costume. Their scene was from swan lake where Odette and the prince met, they acted the scene beautifully and for their side support project, they danced. Gracefully prancing on the stage and doing one of the fancy spins. A pirouette? I think that's what it's called.

They left after giving a deep bow and Mrs. Brown high pitched voice almost broke my eardrums. She clapped while the others followed, she kept spouting words like beautiful! Elegant! Fantastic! Enchanting! Just spectacular! Until the next students came.

Three more pairs came and the next pair almost had me breaking into laughter. It's was Patricia with Oliver! To play Romeo and Juliet! Patricia couldn't give a real love emotion to save her life talk more of faking it! This will be fun.

I watched as Patricia stood on the balcony prop leaning onto it and looking stiff. Oliver was awkward and any good observer will notice there was no teamwork whatsoever in this project, they both seemed so against one another, like enemies so to speak. What a contrast for their roles.

Oliver tried faking it as he attempted climbing the balcony and after a painful awkward and unpleasant show, they finished off their play. The professor and the theatre arts Teacher looked unimpressed and awaited their side support project. Oliver brought out a trifold board while Patricia stood giving her best angle in case anyone took pictures.

"Hold on, sorry to interrupt" Mrs. Brown sighed "where is the teamwork in this? Miss elsewhere did almost nothing. She just stood on the balcony and didn't say her lines right. It seems this project is one sided. Oliver, you did your part well and seems you did this side support project yourself"

"Actually Mrs. Brown, we planned this" he is obviously lying "Romeo and Juliet is so cliché and typical. We did decided to change some characteristics, I hope you didn't mind. We replaced Juliet with a sassy young lady which is what's common these days"

"Ahhh... I see" Mrs. Brown seems to be thinking

"And our side support project explains that. Patricia made the board and all the writings while I present. We shared the work equally ma'am" at this point Mrs. Brown was already buying this lie

"That sounds genius! Do carry on" she sat with a body language that seems interested in what's going on

I have to hand it over to Oliver, he's a smart guy for doing this. His trifold presentation explained, compared and contrasted the Romeo and Juliet scene with a 'twenty first century Romeo and Juliet' a case where the woman is sassy and full of attitude because of a new invention of women employment and bla bla bla. Smart move. He knew Patricia couldn't pull it off so he tweaked it to fit her normal personality. Perfect!