Chapter Thirty Seven

Mason's POV

What was I thinking? How the f*ck did I even let myself believe that dating Patricia will magically make everything that haunted me disappear?

I and Patricia have been dating for few weeks now and nothing has f*cking changed. Maybe I thought I'd just snap out of my feelings for Amelia if I looked elsewhere but I was horribly wrong. Patricia has been trying her best to make herself perfect for me, she has even stopped the toxic behaviors she usually exhibits when we were together back then.

Some days I just wake up and convince myself to call it off with her. Apologize for ever accepting her offer and letting go but then she comes back with so much happiness in her eyes. The kind of happiness I wish I had, wouldn't I be the monster to strip them away knowing exactly how painful it is? Then there's Amelia moving on with Andrew, that guy is with her everyday in her room when she's back from school and that breaks my heart every. single. F*cking . time.

I've officially lost my Bros to Amelia. They'd rather believe her and ignore me than see what I see, doesn't my point of view matter? I wake up every night shaking, Amelia haunts me. In both nightmares and dreams. She was simply everywhere. I second wouldn't pass that I didn't think of her, she was my f*cking universe, and she still is. I hate myself for that.

I planned to ditch the play, I practiced on my own but on the day I didn't feel I had the courage to face her, the scene was rather too interactive for me. I went anyway because I know she would hate me forever if I ruined her grades. I'm so pathetic, I still bother if she hates me or not when she clearly doesn't love me.

I don't mean to sound so obsessive and stalking towards Amelia but I happen to stumble across things that have to do with her. I even know that she'll be taking her SAT today which I think is quite an important step to Amelia. All her three brothers took them and all has near perfect scores that bagged them spots in Ivy leagues all on full scholarship. I have a feeling she's aiming for the same and knowing Amelia, she will probably get it.

A notification popped up on my phone. It was Snapchat app. Remember June when...

When what? I clicked on the notification and saw the memories bar. They were pictures from that month. Not just any pictures, it was pictures of I and Amelia. She was smiling up at me as I took the picture with my hand way up making only our heads and elongated bodies pop up.

I could remember that moment as clear as daylight. She specifically wanted to use that bunny filter which she thought was cute but I thought was hideous. I wasn't a bad picture, it was mostly blurry because we were laughing while taking it. Our giggling made the camera capture it with a motion blur. Drip. Drip. It cannot be raining in my room. They were tears. Tears that feel once again for only God knows how many times just today. F*cking Great.

Andrew's POV

I waited outside the exam center where Amelia wrote her SAT exam. She doesn't know I'll be here but I came anyway. I am more than ready to initiate plan bring back the spark. After today, I'm feeling confident she'll be her full self again.

The music played in the cars radio as I tapped away on my phone. Like the figment of my worst imaginations, Patricia's name popped up

Patricia: Hi Andrew

Me: what do you want? I thought we're done with this

Patricia: we are. I'm just checking up.

Me: okay. Thanks and I have to go

Patricia: one more thing

Me: what?

Patricia: Mason still doesn't love me. I can feel it. Do you have any idea what I can do about that?

Me: I don't know Patricia. That isn't my problem.

Patricia: yes I know. I just wanted to ask for help, more like information. How do you plan to make Amelia love you? She clearly isn't over Mason

Me: Simple, I'll give her what Mason couldn't. Undoubted love, full trust in her and show her I'm the one.

Patricia: uhuhhh

Me: that's as far as I can disclose. I'll be off, bye.

Patricia: bye then

Right on time, students taking the test were already existing the building and I'm sure Amelia will also be out soon. I got out of the car and headed towards the entrance waiting to find Amelia walk out. I'm sure it was light work for her, she really put everything into this.

Ginger hair. Sad aura. It's Amelia. She walked past me and didn't even notice. She was looking into her phone, heads down and whatever she was looking at made her sad. I trailed behind her and peaked at it, she was looking at a picture and she was in it. Beside her was that son of a b*tch Mason.

Would she even realize I was following her? Probably not until she snapped out of her daze. I poked her left shoulder and moved to the right. She turned around to her left looking distraught and out of place. She looked almost hopeful she would find something. After looking around to her left she peaked at her right and when her hopeful eyes met mine, the hopefulness in them died. Whatever she was looking for wasn't me. What hurts me is that she was probably looking for Mason, maybe thinking he magically changed his mind and came to cheer her on her big day

"I'm here Amelia. Me. Not anyone else" I spoke out loud tho I didn't intend to

"Yes you are" she wiped away the traces of tears in her eyes

"What's wrong Amelia. Why did you cry?" I pulled my finger out to caress her cheek but paused when I saw the look in her eye. She still isn't willing to embrace my touch. I retracted my hand.

"Nothing" she wiped her eyes again "Just exam fever. I cry after exams" she lied. I know she lied. I know her better than that

"Oh really? Well don't cry anymore. You'll have the time of your life with me today!" I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards the car "let's go!"

As I drove, she sat in the passenger seat fiddling with the hem of her skirt. She had a mid thigh length white skirt and black tights. She looked pretty with her hair tied into a ponytail and a grey swollen turtle neck with oversized sleeves.

The long dreadful silence settled in the car and I've never heard silence this loud in my entire existence. The silence is eating into my soul. The least she could do is ask where I was taking her, like come on!

"Do you know where I'm taking you?" I asked finally

"Uhh" I seemed to have disrupted her visit down memory lane "I have no idea"

"Oh, I thought you did cuz you never asked" I gave a slight laugh to dilute the intensity of my earlier statement "I'm taking you to the amusement part, i heard they've introduced new rides and activities"

"I don't think that's something I'm in the mood for. I'll just be a bummer" she looked out the window

"Don't sweat it! It'll be fun!" I convinced

When we arrived, I paid for our tickets after engaging in a verbal battle with Amelia on letting me pay. She wouldn't hear it. I ended up convincing her that this was for her exams and a well done gift for her absolute victory on it.

We walked through the entire amusement park but she wasn't in the mood for anything. We had some snacks and it was my turn to choose. I need to get her adrenalin rushing, once I've done that, it'll be as easy as a slice of pie to make her energetic thus bringing back the spark

we stood before a ride. It said Dare to die. Sounds very interesting. It's a death drop ride. The kind that shoots you to the sky and just drops you to the ground over and over again while putting your chair in a three sixty spin. It's perfect.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, Share your thoughts in the comments!!!!

Love you all!! 💗💗💗