Chapter Thirty

Amelia's POV

Mother honked the horns furiously. I scanned myself in the mirror, navy blue pleated skirt, a pink hoodie and white sport shoes. I grabbed my backpack and ran downstairs. The holidays were officially over and today is first day of school for the last session of senior year.

Mason didn't call ever since that breaking point weeks ago and I decided to block his contact. Andrew was there for me, occasionally visiting under the pretense of meeting my mom for a chat or random enquiry of some book he was reading. The rest of my friends were left in the dark. Mason didn't tell them anything and I decided to leave it be since he didn't care to mention. I guess I wasn't that big of a deal to him anyway.

It still hurts because my stupid heart still loves him, he even haunts my dreams every night I go to bed. How is one to let go of someone they've loved for so many years? Six years? It's just seems freaking impossible. How did I cope? I decided to pour my heart out into the books. I began studying for next session even before hand. Not to mention I'll be writing my SAT in a few weeks and I need to ace it. I plan on attending an Ivy league collage like my brothers. If I can't have the love of my life, I'll have the collage of my dreams.

I got in the car and tuned out my mother's nagging and how she threatens not to drive me to school ever if I was ever late again. My mind went to one thing. Mason. This'll be the first time we'll see each other ever since weeks ago. Will we just ignore each other when we were back with our friends again? Were they even my friends to begin with? Were they my friends only because Mason liked me? Did he ever even like me?

Mother dropped me off and I stood before the great school. I'm really doing this? I'm here. No going back. I walked back into the school halls and saw so many familiar faces whose names I cannot even remember. I headed to my locker and logged into my school account to get my timetable for this session.

"Yoo dudette!" Oliver appeared before me

"Hi Oliver" I said as he peeked to see my timetable

"Sweet! We have Physics this morning together" he's a funny guy

"That's awesome"

"Amelia, be honest. What's up with you and Mason?"

"Huh? Why'd you ask?"

"I asked him about you and he sounded cold. Plus him and that b*tch came to school together in his car"

Huh? Which b*tch?.... Oh yes, that's probably Patricia I thought to myself

"Well let's just say we were never meant to be" I could feel my tears threatening to come back

"No way! Mason is in love with you! He's obsessed with you. And you feel the same!" He urged

"Can we please not talk about him?" I said quietly looking away and wiping my tears so he doesn't notice

"....uhh, okay. Fine" he sighed "let's go, it's time for physics together"

I paced to the physics hall and greeted the teacher before sitting on the front row seat to the right while Oliver sat behind my seat. He seemed to already notice my unsettling aura and decided to leave me be. I watched the students that shared the same morning physics class as me and watched Andrew enter the class. His eyes shot up straight at me as he approached me. He regarded me with a good morning and I nodded as he grabbed the chair to my right and sat on it

I felt Oliver scoot forward from behind my chair and whispered "what's up with him?"

"Long story, I'll tell you over break" I whispered back and he made a 'mhm' sound before sitting back down