118

"Hey, Mushroom, what are you looking at? The convoy has gone far." The lion-eared man from before suddenly spoke, interrupting Zhao Xingmo's thoughts.

Zhao Xingmo suddenly came back to his senses, his eyes trembled, he looked back dimly, and retreated behind the sand dune.

Central base... Captain Jiang and Brother Xiaolu are there. I wonder how they are doing recently. There is also my father who is far away at Shuguang Base, and Xingbai whose whereabouts are unknown...

He unconsciously grabbed the black mushroom growing on the back of his hand, remembering the days when everyone was healthy and together for the first time.

The lion-eared man has a habit of always squatting in a corner alone, silent, as if he is growing mushrooms.

Maybe this is the nature of mushrooms.

The lion-eared man thought to himself, then turned his head and continued talking to the others beside him.

They were all experimental subjects who escaped from the organization. Two days ago, they met Zhao Xingmo who was besieged as a monster in a small village. This kid is very strange. He doesn't fight back when he is beaten, he just dodges with difficulty.

Out of sympathy for "the same kind", the lion-eared man and his companions rescued the boy.

But this kid was like a mute. He didn't say anything when asked, and his eyes were lifeless and gloomy. It wasn't until he heard that they said they were going to take revenge on that organization and rescue other companions that he finally spoke and said in a hoarse voice, "I'll go too."

The lion-eared man actually didn't want to take him with him. If they left, they might not be able to come back alive. The mushroom boy is still young and looks like he has just grown up. There is no need to die. Even if you don't die, if you are captured and studied, it will be more painful than death.

But this kid was thin and frail. Maybe he couldn't accept the fact that he had become a monster. He often picked mushrooms on his body without understanding, leaving himself scarred. If you leave him alone, this kid will probably torture himself to death sooner or later.

The lion-eared man himself had been soaked in the rain, and when he saw a young "similar person" who was also soaked in the rain, he thought he could help.

He sighed and discussed with his other companions: "If the convoy just now really went to deal with the organization, it would be a good thing for us. We can wait for them to take action first, and then we can take advantage of the chaos to go in and rescue our companions."

"I think it's feasible. We know exactly where the 'experimental subjects' are and can rescue them quickly."

"Yes, I need to kill a few more of his stupid researchers."

Several people around him were filled with indignation and hatred for the organization.

Zhao Xingmo's eyes brightened slightly when he heard this, and he looked at them with a burning voice, his voice was hoarse and difficult: "Do you... know where the 'experimental subject' is?"

Several people's eyes turned to him instantly, with surprise, as if they didn't expect him to speak.

Zhao Xingmo flinched when they looked at him, lowered his head and covered the mushroom on his face with his cloak.

Several people came back to their senses and remembered that he was not used to being stared at because of the mushrooms on his face, so they looked away in embarrassment.