Part One→Chapter Five

Alex hung up the phone. "I swear to god he's going to be on the floor of our school, bleeding until he dies." He snaps to himself, handing Evelyn her phone back. "I'll be right back, I need to calm myself down."

     She looks at him, guilt flooding her face. "O-Okay..." She opens her phone and looks at messages from Kaiden months ago. When he didn't seem like such a bitch. She waited for Alex to leave because she was going to do what she always does when she's fed up with people's shit. She wasn't mad at Alex, she just felt like she could have avoided this whole situation. She knew exactly what Kaiden was going to do, and that Alex is going to get fucked after.

     Alex walks out to see Evelyn's mother on the couch. He ignores her, walking towards the front door. He sighs, he needs to clear his head. Alex shoves his hand into his jeans and grabbed a pack of cigarettes. He had been trying to quit... but right now he felt like he needed one.

     Evelyn locks her door. If Alex wanted to come back she'd just go unlock it. She turned off her light, grabbed her phone and a vodka bottle, put on headphones, and started to listen to music. She lay on her bed and started to drink. After a couple of moments, she started to cry. She feels like shit. Her tears ended up being a downpour of emotions falling down her face.

     Alex walks outside and pulls one of the cigarettes out, lighting it with a lighter he stole from his mom. He inhaled, letting the smoke sink in. It felt good. He exhaled, a puff of smoke leaving his mouth.

     Evelyn stayed where she was, even though there were notifications on her phone. She decided to not respond to them– just in case. She kept drinking, and she eventually finished the bottle. She walked out of her room and covered her face as she walked past her mother. She didn't want her mom to see her in tears. She went to the cabinet, took three bottles, and went back to her room. Her mother knew that something was up, so she didn't say anything. Evelyn went back in and started to drink again on her bed.

     Alex sighs, throwing the bud onto the ground and stomping on it. He put the lighter and pack back into his pocket and walked back inside, hoping Ashley wouldn't ask any questions.

     Ashley looks up. "Oh, I don't give a shit about that. I won't tell your mom. Also, what the hell happened to Evelyn?! I don't think it was you, but she seems upset as fuck about someone." She says, wanting to get some information.

     "Her ex..." he tells her. "He started messaging her, asking if she wanted to meet up with him. I called him and shit on him."

     Ashley looked shocked. "OH MY GOD THAT LITTLE SACK OF SHIT?! I guess I gotta call his mom. I told her that if that little bitch started trying to meet up again- there is going to be restraining orders against him. When he went to jail, the court said I have permission to."

     Alex nods. "I'm sorry this is happening to your daughter, Ashley," He says, truly sorry. "I hope all goes well on the phone."

     Ashley smiled, looking at Alex. "Just please comfort her. I don't want her to have to go to the hospital again because she is over-drinking. If someone is there with her, they can usually make her drink at least a little less."

    Alex nods. "Of course.." He says. "Thanks for not telling my mom about the smoking by the way... she would kill me."

     Ashley smiles. "It's the least I could do. Anyways I think she locked the door, so you might have to ask her to unlock it."

      He nods again. "Alright, talk to you later, Ashley." He says softly, walking over to Evelyn's room and knocking on the door. "Evelyn...? Could you come to the door please...?"