Part Two→ Chapter Twenty-One

A few minutes later they approach Raidon's house. Harley sighs heavily, knowing what's going to be in store for her and Adriana. She walks up to the door, forcing a smile onto her face. If she acts confident, she'll probably be confident as well. She knocks on the front door, then steps back slightly. She hears some movement from inside the house. The doorknob turns slightly, and the door opens.

     Alex opened the door after a moment, looking at the two. Adriana shifts a bit, uncomfortable but also nervous. She looked at Alex, then peaked inside, hoping...well, no. Praying, Raidon was still awake. He seemed pretty tired when she left, so she just hoped that Kaiden had kept him busy. She looked back at Alex, only to spot he was not looking at her in the slightest, his gaze fixed on Harley. "Hey," He said, smiling a bit at her.

     Harley turns to Alex, smiling back. "Hey Alex," she says, tilting her head to the side. "Are you doing alright? I heard that some shit happened. " She keeps her gaze on him, keeping herself from being distracted by inside. Raidon and Kaiden are slightly behind Alex, still on the couch. Harley awaits Alex's response.

     Alex sighed a bit, shrugging. "Yeah, a lot of fucked up things," He paused, shooting a look at Adriana before he continued. "But it's fine I guess, just some more shit to add to my life. Nothing I can't handle." He finished, leaning on the door frame a bit. "How about with you? Anything interesting happen?" He asked, resting his head on the frame gently.

     "Nothing interesting," Harley shrugs. "I'm still getting adjusted here and all that shit. Fucking sucks. But I can handle it- I don't have an option, right?" she laughs lightly. Bipolarly, her expression changes back to her usual expression. Not laughing, but more serious in a sense. "How are you going to move forward with everything?" she asks. It's a question she's been pondering ever since Adriana told her what happened. What can be fixed after what's already been done?

     Alex shrugged again, seeming to be thinking about the question. "I mean, I'm not too sure, I guess. Might just keep drinking and shit until I just stop caring, though that probably won't help, and trying to forget it won't help either.." He muttered, seemingly rambling at this point. "I just don't fucking know." He groaned.

     "To be honest, I feel like that'll do the opposite," Harley says, a bit more bluntly than she wishes. "Do you think that you'll ever be able to forgive her? I've never met her so I don't fully know if she's the most... forgivable type."

     He thought again. "I mean, I probably could. But it depends what happens I guess." He told her.

     Adriana slipped in through the door, not wanting to talk anymore. She'd let the other two speak for a bit instead. She wandered back over to the couch before sitting next to Raidon again, hugging her legs.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

     Adriana looked at Kaiden, smiling a bit as she waved gently to him. Kaiden smiles back at Adriana, waving back. "Hey, come sit," he says to her, moving slightly to the left, offering a spot to her.

     She smiled a bit at the other and sat down. "Thanks," Adriana told him softly, her voice quiet. She still didn't really know how to act, not after what she had done. It was shitty, and she honestly should have stopped it. However, thinking about it now would just make her mentally upset and drained.

     "Yeah of course," Kaiden nods to her. He lets out a sigh, leaning his head slightly towards her direction. "I kind of know how you feel right now, Adriana. Let's just say... I've done a lot of stupid shit before. To Alex and Evelyn. Especially Evelyn. The guilt fucking eats you alive," he says to her, his jaw clenching slightly at the thought of this. "It's just so hard to move forward and hope that everyone forgets. Hoping for things to get normal, right?" he asks.