Part One→Chapter Twelve

Harley is in the hallway, on her phone. She figured something would happen. Alex smiles and leaves the classroom. "Hello," He says calmly, looking at her.

     "Hey," She looks at Alex, grinning.

     "Guess they didn't like my joke. What a shame." He says, smirking.

     Harley grins once again. "Don't worry, I hear it. It was great."

     Alex laughs and shakes his head. "If you say so... wanna skip detention? It's hell anyways."

     "Hell yeah, where do you want to go?" She asks. "I don't know any places around here."

      "There's a good arcade around the corner. We could go there if you want."

     "Sure," She smirks. "Can you show me the way?"

     "Yeah, let me just get my wallet real quick," He says and starts to walk toward his locker. Harley follows, looking at him.

     Alex hums softly and opens his locker, while Harley puts her sweatshirt on and gets her Airpods out.

     Alex grabs his wallet and a spare hoodie, tying it around his waist because he hadn't grabbed one this morning.

     Harley puts her Airpod in and puts on some music from her Spotify.

     "Alright. I'm good to go. How about you?" Alex asks, looking at her.

     "I'm ready," She smiles.

     Alex nods and starts walking along with Harley.

     Alex starts humming once again. They were near the door. Harley took some gum out of her pocket and started to chew it.

     Alex walked out and then held the door open before noticing a teacher behind them. "Shit"

     Harley turns, seeing the teacher. She shrugs, then walks out of the school. Once she was out, she decided to run. 

     Alex shut the door quickly behind them and ran after her, laughing. The teacher opens the door and yells at them to get back there.

     Harley turned for the second time to the teacher, flipped them off, then continued to run. She starts laughing. Alex runs around the corner, stopping at a tree near a park. He was still laughing. Harley stops running as well, snickering. She takes her hoodie off because she is getting hot.

     Alex did the opposite, pulling his hoodie off his waist and throwing it on. He smiles and starts to walk again. "Come on, it's just around the corner."

     Harley smirks, starting to follow him. "That teacher sucks," She sighs, looking ahead of herself.

     He nods. "They do."

     Harley continued to walk, then she got something from her pocket. It was a safety pin.

     The arcade soon was coming into view. Alex put his hands into his pockets. Harley looked at the safety pin and touched the sharp edge. She was planning something.

     Alex hummed softly, not seeming to have noticed.

    Harley put the safety pin into her ear and made a piercing. She was unfazed by it. "That barely hurt." She shrugs.

     Alex heard her and turned, starting to walk backward. "Ah, I've done that before. You're right, it doesn't hurt," He smiles, looking at the self-made piercing. "But, you might wanna clean that when you get home."