Part One→Chapter Eleven

Evelyn turns scarlet, trying to think of a reasonable answer. "Uh...stuff," she mutters, loud enough that Kyler could hear her.

     "What type of stuff?" Kyler asks.

     "Stuff you'll be able to do someday," She says, avoiding the actual answer.

     Kyler walks over to them. "Why are you so close?"

     "Because your brother is hot," Evelyn says, without any guilt. She smirked, looking at Alex.

     Kyler tilts her head before touching Alex's arm. "You're right. He is hot."

     Evelyn smiles. "I'm glad you agree with me. I wonder why he's so hot though?" She smirks, knowing Kyler wouldn't get her reference.

     "Maybe because you're on him?" She asks. Alex laughs lightly.

      Evelyn nods. "That would explain it," she smiles, not leaving where she was.

     Kyler looks at Alex.

     "Go back to bed, Kyler," He tells his sister, smiling lightly. Evelyn looked at Kyler too, seeing what her response was.

     Kyler huffs. "I don't wanna! It's no fun in there." She whines lightly.

     Alex sighs. "Fine... you can stay up a bit longer... okay? Just don't tell mom and dad."

     Evelyn decides to get off Alex and sits next to him instead.

     Kyler smiles, sitting up on the couch next to Evelyn, and hugs her lightly. Alex looks over. "Wooow."

     Evelyn hugs her back and whispers: "Good job, Kyler." She says in a teasing tone.

     Kyler giggles lightly. Alex huffs, crossing his arms over his chest in a playful way. "Way to choose my girlfriend over your brother," he says with a light smile.

     Evelyn grins, still hugging Kyler. Then she looks at Kyler. "Hey Kyler, what do you like to do for fun...?"

     She looks up at Evelyn. "Uhm.. draw, read, or watch TV!" Kyler tells her with a smile.

     Evelyn nods. "That's cool. I couldn't draw if my life depended on it, you might have to teach me someday," She smiles softly.

     Kyler gasps. "I would love to teach you!"

     "That's good, thank you!" Evelyn beams, looking at Kyler.

     "Of course!" Kyler smiles brightly.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

     Evelyn turns to Alex, smiles shyly, and hugs Alex softly. She feels like it. Alex wrapped his arms around her and smiled.

     Evelyn continued to hug him, knowing she couldn't do much else with Kyler still sitting there. Alex smiled and kissed the top of her head softly.

     Kyler yawns and leans against Evelyn lightly. Evelyn smiles softly, leaning her head onto Alex's shoulder. Kyler had fallen asleep.

     Alex rests his head on Evelyn's. Evelyn smiles lightly.

     "Should I carry her to bed...?" She whispers to Alex, looking at him.

     Alex smiles, nodding lightly. "Yeah... but she might want you to stay with her for a bit."