Part One→Chapter Thirteen

Harley sighs, standing back up. She sits on a chair that is in the room, crossing her legs. She looked at both of them to see what Alex was gonna do but decided to say something instead. "Ugh, straight love. The girls all red, this is entertaining as hell. Do you by any chance have any popcorn here? I'm hungry."

     Alex laughs softly. "We aren't together Harley." He says softly, letting go of the necklace.

     Azura looks at her. "There is popcorn in the kitchen to the left."

     "Alex, I know you aren't together. I don't see you both being compatible with each other anyway. At least not in the long term," She responds, standing up. She started to walk towards the kitchen.

     Azura looks back at Alex. "So, you like the necklace?" She asks softly. Alex looked back at her and nodded.

     "It's... rather pretty," He said partly lying.

     Harley walks into the kitchen. "This is a nice kitchen.." She observes.

     Azura took the necklace off and handed it to Alex. "K-keep it... b-but take care of it, please." Alex took it and nodded, smiling lightly.

     Harley took the popcorn out of the cabinet and put it into the microwave. Azura walks over to the kitchen, "Find the popcorn?" She asks.

     "Yep," She responds, her gaze on the refrigerator. She was looking at the pictures on it. Azura followed her gaze and tilted her head. The photos on the refrigerator had a few with a younger girl with an older woman who looked a lot like the girl.

     Harley continued to look, then turned her head towards Azura. "Are these of you...?"

     "No," She smiles softly before biting her lip. "That was my sister."

     "Oh...." Harley responds, unsure of what to say.

     Azura nods. "My mother would have never put pictures of me up."

     "I-I'm sorry about that," Harley mutters, sighing. "Parents can just be like that."

     Azura smiles softly, "It's okay..." Azura tells her before hearing the microwave go off. She opened the door and took the popcorn out. "Want a flavor?"

     "American," She responds. "Don't worry, my parents aren't the best either."

     "I'm from Italy," She tells her. "I don't have an accent though."

     "Yeah, I'm Canadian but my parents are from Rome," Harley shrugs.

     "Oh," Azura opens the popcorn bag. "You want any flavoring?"

     "What flavors do you have....?"

     "Almost all of them," She tells her.

     "Do you have caramel?"

     Azura nodded and took out a flavor packet, opening it, and putting it into the bag before holding the opening shut and shaking it quickly.

     Harley watches her, wondering where Alex is. (Alex was looking around the living room).

     Azura poured the popcorn into a bowl and handed it to Harley. "There you are."

     "Thank you," She takes the bowl, takes a piece of popcorn, and eats it.

     Azura nods with a smile. "Of course," She says taking a small handful and eating it. "Mmm. I never had caramel before."

     "I've only had it once," Harley responds. "I was like seven."