Part Two→Chapter Fifteen

Part Two: Exposing

Two weeks later

     Adriana glances over at Raidon. "Maybe not, but there is still a shit ton of homework, possibly mean teachers, and a busy schedule."

     "That's true. But I think that could happen anywhere if I'll be honest," Raidon shrugs.

     "I guess, but either way, college would suck just as bad as any other school."

    "At least it's subjects I'm interested in," Raidon shrugs lightly.

     Adriana sighs, yet nodding slightly. "I guess."

     "Yep," Raidon responds. "So... where are we going?" he asks, looking around the school's parking lot. They're at the back of the school.

     Adriana shrugs. "Not sure, where do you want to go, pretty boy?" She asks. She was the type to give out nicknames, so it wasn't odd for her to be calling him such a name.

     "We could go downtown? They have a lot of neat stores," Raidon suggests. "But it depends on what you're interested in."

     "Honestly, I don't care at this point," she says. "We can go wherever you want to."

     "Alright," he responds. He gets his keys out of his pocket, unlocking his car. Adriana looks around before spotting his car. She smiles which turns into a grin. "Let's go then," she says, going over to the car quickly.

     Raidon walks over and hops into the front seat as Adriana gets into the passenger seat. Raidon closes the door and turns the car on. "Do you want any music...?" he asks.

     "Sure," Adriana nods, fastening her seatbelt.

     "Can you connect your Spotify from the car's Bluetooth?" he asks her, buckling in his seat belt.

     "Oh, sure- though you might not like some of the songs," she says, pulling out her phone.

     "Oh, you don't have to worry about what I like or not. I'm very diverse musically wise," he smiles slightly. He puts the keys into the car and backs out of the parking space.

     "Alright then, if you say so," she shrugs, connecting the Bluetooth.

     Once Raidon gets out of the school's parking lot, he turns right. After a few minutes, they get to a red stoplight. He stops at the light.

     Adriana shuffled through her playlists before choosing one, setting her phone on her leg and humming along softly to the song that was playing, glancing out of the window.

     Raidon smiles lightly, looking up at the stoplight. Adriana's hum slowly turns to a mutter. She smiles and looks at the stoplight as well. Raidon turns towards her. "So... what do you do for fun?" he asks.

     She looks at him and thinks for a moment. "Write... Draw or sing I guess."

     "My girl's a singer then?" he teases. "Can you give me a demonstration?"

     Adriana looks away. "Uhm... sure, I guess- you can choose a song from the playlist though," she says, unlocking her phone and handing the playlist to him. He scrolls through it and picks a song.

     Adriana smiles lightly before the song begins. She sighs before waiting for it to start. The light turns green so Raidon hands the phone back to Adriana and starts to drive again.