Part One→Chapter Seven

A/N: The update schedule is going to change. It's going to be Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Thanks ✨

      The next morning, Evelyn was tired as fuck. She was at school and had another hangover. She shouldn't have gone back home. Evelyn was at her locker, putting her stuff away.

     Alex came behind her and gave her a hug, "Good morning."

      She smiled and turned her head around to look at him. Alex smiled softly, "How are you doing?"

     Evelyn sighs. "Not that well, I'm tired and hungover. Probably still a little drunk. How about you?" She looked back into her locker to grab something.

     He shrugs. "I'm okay."

     "In a good or bad way?" She pauses. "Also how is your so sudden friendship with Kaiden?"

     "It's going good, hasn't seen him yet though." He says, ignoring the first part of what she said.

     She doesn't speak for a moment. "I guess that's good...?" She closes her locker. "Anyways I have to go to class early. See you later."

     "Alright, I'll talk to you at lunch." He tells her before walking over to his locker and grabbing stuff for his class.

     "Bye," She walks to her class, immediately feeling the guilt about brushing him off. She shrugs it off and heads off to class.

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

     Kaiden walks into the school. Alex closed his locker and sighed lightly. He notices Kaiden walking by and waves at him. Kaiden waves back, and walks up to Alex,

     Alex smiles. "Hey, Kaiden! How was your night?"

     Kaiden smiles back. "It was pretty good, how about yours?"

     "It could have been better," He says with a shrug.

     Kaiden tilts his head to the side. "Did something happen?" He asks out of concern.

     Alex nods a bit. "Mhm."

     "You could tell me if you'd like. You don't have to though."

     "My mum did something...." He mutters.

     "What did she do?" He asks, curious.

     Alex sighs and rolls up his sleeve. There were two fairly sized bruises. "After Evelyn left my house, I was in my room, watching something and trying to sleep. Apparently, my mum thought I kicked her out, which I would never do, and started uhm... you know." He gestures to his arm, rolling his sleeve back down.

     Kaiden looks at Alex, worried for him. "That looks like it hurts, man. Are you okay? I'm sorry about that."

     "I'm fine, it's happened before..." he mutters, shrugging.

     "Yeah... did you get hit? I don't want to assume but..."

     "The bigger one was from her throwing something at me, the other one was from her hitting me," he tells him, shrugging it off like it was no big deal.

     Kaiden smiles sympathetically. "I hope it gets better."

     Alex shrugged, smiling lightly. "Thanks, man... Fuck now I don't want to go to class. What the hell would the point be? I've already missed the first fifteen minutes," He says to himself before looking at Kaiden. "Wanna skip with me?" he asks. "If you don't that's cool."