Part One→Chapter Eight

As they walked in, Kaiden went to sit on a beanbag on the floor, while Alex sat on the floor next to him. He smiles, and Kaiden smiles as well. Then he started to get quieter, thinking of what to say.

     Alex looked around before returning his gaze to Kaiden. "Do you have any siblings?" He asks, leaning back a bit.

     "I used to, how about you?" Kaiden asks, getting a random beer from behind him, and taking a small sip. It seemed to come out of nowhere.

     He nods. "I have a little sister.. she moved away with my dad though."

     "How old is she?" he asked, starting to get interested in what he was saying.

     Alex took a moment to think. "I think she would be turning nine this year..."

     Kaiden nods. "That sounds cool. Does she look like you?" he asks out of nowhere.

     Alex nods lightly. "Everything but the hair color," he tells Kaiden with a light smile. "I haven't seen her for about 3 years."

     "That's cool," he smiles softly. "That sucks that you haven't seen her unless you don't want to. I don't know your connection with each other. By the way, I lied during the thing last night. When I said that you weren't hot, I was just mad that you did look so fine."

     Alex blushes lightly before laughing a bit, trying to hide the fact that he was flustered. "Damn bro, thanks."

     "As I said, I just state facts. It's nothing, I promise," he smiles, then pauses. "Can I talk to you about something? It's fine if I'm not.."

     Alex nods. "Oh, of course, man. What's going on?" he asked, cocking his head to this side.

     "I think I don't romantically like women," he says. "It feels weird because men come out as hot to me."

     Alex smiled. "Do you think you're gay?" he asks, looking at him.

     "I might be.. but it feels strange too," he pauses. "I've hooked up with both genders before and I enjoy both. Men more, but it's the feeling that someone loves me and gives a fuck about me. I loved Evelyn and all, right? We just never clicked, and I was scared about losing the only person who cared about me. So I convinced myself that I was straight. But I wasn't. I was gay in denial this whole time."

     Alex sighs. "Dude, it took me a while to figure out what the fuck I was. It felt very strange, and when I first found out I liked guys, I was scared of what my parents would think. I had to act straight and try to get girlfriends. All that shit." Alex tells him.

     "I know the pain. It sucks. Men are hot, it seems like you agree with that. Parents' reactions can be scary, I assume. I've never needed to do it, my parents knew I was gay since the start," He laughs slightly. "Acting straight is the hardest shit."

     Alex nods. "It is bro! I'm bi, so it's not as hard, but oh my god. It sucks so much," he says, laughing.

     "When I first saw you at school, you gave off some not-straight vibes," he says in a joking way. "Yeah, coming out is hard. Evelyn never seemed straight to me either, she would always joke about how hot women were when we were together. A turn-off, but I realized that I was attracted to the same gender as well. A lot of gay shit."

     Alex nods, understanding. "Yeah... I dunno. I guess I can't really tell if someone is gay or not. You seemed like a straight white boy when I first saw you." He says with a laugh. "No offense, by the way, straight boys are hot as fuck."