09.

"Surprise!!" Me and Farah shouted as we entered the cabin

A shocked and confused Aapi lifted her head and looked from the file she was reading in our direction. (Big sister)

Soon the frown that had made it's place between her eyebrows disappeared and she held her arms wide open for her daughter.

Farah ran towards her mother who embraced her in a tight hug.

Placing Farah on her lap they chatted while I made myself comfortable in the seat opposite them and placed the bags down.

I sighed in relief as those bags were really heavy!

"Aisa kya laya hai ki itni thakawat ho gayi" Aapi asked turning to look at me not before placing a kiss on Farah's cheek. (What were you carrying in those bags that you're so tired?)

I leaned back in the seat and answered "Aapke liye lunch lekar aaye hain".
(I've bought you lunch)

"Accha, zarurat to nahi thi magar ab laayi ho toh kya hai khane main?" She asked trying to peek at the bags.
(Okay, there was no need for it but now that you've brought it, what's for lunch?)

"Pata nahi, being honest" I bent down taking out all the containers Ammi had packed. (I don't know, being honest)

I placed them on the table Aapi had cleared up from the files and disinfected.

Farah has missed kindergarten for the past three days due to fever and as today I had only four lessons, I was early at home.

Aapi dropped her yesterday at our house as her husband is out of town and she couldn't miss another day of work considering her tight schedule.

Today she said that she was missing her mom and as she is feeling much better so Ammi sent us with lunch.

Now that her lunch break is over we're heading back home.

-

Back at home I'm now completing some pending assignments taking the advantage if the short school day because a short day at school happens only once in a while.

After that I'm looking forward to drench myself in sweat in the home gym we have in our basement.

I'm not a gym freak but I try to keep my visits down there regular to stay fit which is also beneficial for my sports grade.

Haider hates seeing me there because he thinks that just because he was the one with the idea of a home gym, he is entitled to it and only he can use it.

Nonsense.

Moreover I can dress in whatever i want and don't have to worry about people looking at me struggling to lift up weights.