17.

"Perfect!" Ammi said out of the blue

"Perfect!" Ammi said out of the blue. "Aaliyah, now that you finished clearing the table you can help Ouahib with lunch!" She added.

What?!

"But-.. I mean she has to revise, right?" Ouahib asked.

Honestly speaking, I don't know whether to deny or accept. It's hard around him and now cook with him?

"You both have to na? Both your finals are coming! You help each other, finish faster than if only one of you cooks and then you'll have the rest of the day to revise!" Ammi put the solution in front of us.

I lifted my eyes, only to catch his questioning ones. I felt as if he was asking if I was okay with that.

I nodded positively and turned to Ammi and Saliha Aunty "Anything in mind, you would like to eat?" I asked.

"No, anything goes for me." Ammi responded and looked over to Saliha Aunty who mirrored her action. "Same." she simply added.

"Then, let yourselves get surprised!" Ouahib announced and turned to walk towards the counter.

I took the cue and followed him. "So? What's for lunch?" I asked.

He shook his head negatively and glanced briefly at me, our eyes locking for a millisecond which made me look away too.

He cleared his throat "No specific plan. You?"

"Hm" I hummed in acknowledgement.

After a short pause of me thinking about possible dishes I spoke up, "What about we prepare something Moroccan-pakistani?"

He nodded as he put the last plates into the sink. "Like?" He asked.

"I lastly watched a documentary about different cultures and it was mentioned that Moroccans eat most of their meals with home made bread." I informed.

"Yes, that's true. Lunch mostly!" He replied.

"We too eat our most of dishes with roti which is also basically flatbread. Maybe we could combine something like bread the Moroccan way and the food the pakistani way, or the other way around?" I thought aloud.

"Hmm, not a bad idea." He hummed. "So, as you're an expert about cultures and food, what would you suggest?" He added while taking out the pans.

I smiled faintly at his comment "Well, how about the traditional Moroccan marmita with roti?" I responded eagerly awaiting his answer.

"As you wish!" He flipped the pan, he just took out and put it on the stove.

Marmita is basically a stew with many vegetables and meat.