16.

I've had a hectic weekend as ramadan is starting soon

I've had a hectic weekend as ramadan is starting soon. I ran through all the possible stores to gather the required ingredients for Yemma to make some moroccan speciality for the fasting month. 

As it hasn't been long since we moved here, it's a little bit of searching through everything until I find what I'm looking for. 

Yesterday I bought all the things needed and as today is a sunday she's going to be making Chebakia.

It is a pastry made of strips of dough rolled to resemble a rose, deep-fried until golden, then coated with a syrup made of honey and orange blossom water and sprinkled with sesame. It is typically consumed during ramadan and religious celebrations.

We woke up, had our breakfast and I was now tidying the living room after I did the same with my room

We woke up, had our breakfast and I was now tidying the living room after I did the same with my room. Narjis and Yasmin had just woke up so my next task was to help them with breakfast. 

"Ouahi, my milk is cold!" Yasmin exclaimed after taking a sip from her cup.

"I just warmed it up, how can it already be cold?" I questioned taking the cup from her hand and checking if it's really that cold. It was.

I looked over to the kitchen counter and found another cup filled with milk. I went and checked that one. It was warm! 

How?! 

I remember filling the two cups from the same milk I had warmed up and I had also taken a sip to check the temperature.

Nothing was making sense! How is it possible? 

Narjis came into the kitchen after she had stayed in the rest room longer than Yasmin. I just sighed and warmed the milk up again and poured it into the cups.

"Here," I forwarded the cups towards the twins who were already munching on their toasts. "Ouahi, I don't want milk." Narjis said after swallowing the bite she just took.

"Why?" I questioned. It's an unspoken rule that the twins drink a cup of milk every moring with breakfast. 

"I-... I just don't feel like it.." she admitted after another bite.