23.

Today marks the start of the finals, as today is also our presentation for the partner project

It would be an utter lie to say that I haven't freaked out or that I didn't cry, yesterday night.

It was indeed a much needed distraction to go out with Haider, Sadia and Ouahib, who joined in the last minute.

But still after going back home, I again realised that today is going to be serious. Like damn serious, no turning back, no excuses.

It's not a joke to present a whole presentation infront of the principal and all teachers chosen to be present.

My anxiety could never, but what has to be done, has to be done. There is no going around it.

I'm confident about our presentation and that we're well prepared, but still I can't shake off the uneasy feeling that has settled within me.

"Aaliyah, please stop shaking you legs so frantically! It's going to be the best presentation they'll ever see in their entire lives!" Ouahib brings me out of my trance and I notice, that I'm indeed shaking, my whole body is shaking!

"I-... I just- can't..." I stuttered and tears started welling up in my eyes.

Why?!

Why does it always have to be me???

Why am I this anxious about it, when I deep down know that it's going to be okay!

Why Allah!

It hurts! This uneasy feeling is killing me from inside! It feels like I can't breath, it's getting suffocating!

"Aaliyah," Ouahib calls me in softer tone and shifts his seat closer to mine, keeping a safe distance.

"I should be the one worrying and not you! I'm the one who is an average student and failed last year. You, you are an acer! You could technically give all these upcoming exams without prior revision! And still top on them!" He stated, his voice firm and encouraging but yet comforting and radiating warmth.

The one I probably needed to calm down as I feel my body not shaking anymore. At least not as bad as it was before. It's getting better.

"Here, this is my favourite Quran reciter, who has a very beautiful and soothing voice. It always helps me calm down, maybe it will help you." He hands me over one if his earpods.

I stop fidgeting with my fingers and look up to see him holding one of his earpods in one hand, stretched towards me and the other was in his left ear.

He places it on the table infront of us and signalled me to take it. I forwarded my still slightly shaking hand and took the earpod.

I lifted my hijab a little bit to insert the earpod, while he looked away.

The indeed beautiful recitation was already playing but he started it again, saying that it's better if I hear it from the beginning.