21.

"Hello, Asalamu Alaikum" I greeted Abbu

"Waalaikum Asalam bacche, how far did you come with your project?" He asked.
(Kid)

"Abbu, humko abhi bhi kuch time chahiye lekin unko apni behne pick up karne hai. Upar se submit date parso ko hai aur kal uska test aur uske baad mera technical test hai, toh aaj hi khatam karna padega." I explained to him the situation, me and Ouahib are stuck in.
(Dad we still need some time but he has to pick up his sisters. On top of that, the submit date is the day after tomorrow and he has a test and I have my technical test too. That's why we have to complete it today itself.)

"Accha, toh aisa karo ki bachiyan ko pick up karo aur ghar ajao dono. Iftari ka time ho raha hai, saath mein khayenge aur uske baad project khatam karo apna." He said afer a short silence on the line.
(Okay then pick up the kids and come home, we will break our fast together and then you can finish your project.)

"Accha, aur uski Ammi?" I asked about his mom, because if he and the twins are going to break the fast with us, then she'll stay alone.
(okay, what about his mother?)

"Main Sarah ko boldungi ki usko bhi invite kare, aaplog jaldi ajao zyada time nahi hai!" Abbu urged us.
(I'll tell Sarah to invite her too, you guys come fast, there is not much time left!)

"Okay, bye! See you in 30mins!" I bid him bye and looked over to Ouahib who was patiently waiting for me to probably finish my call with Abbu.

"Abbu invited you over, for Iftar. We will pick up the twins and head to mine. Ammi has propably already told yours. On top of that, Abbu is a member at the masjid, so he can be a great help!" I informed him with a grin on my face.

I just noticed that my lips were tugged upwards since Abbu proposed the idea.

Aaliyah!

"Ohh" was all I heard him say. Really?!

After an awkward silence I started packing my things, so we can leave.

"Are you sure?" He asked, standing up and gathering his belongings.

"Huh?" I raised an eyebrow, confused.

"I mean, are you comfortable if we go with what your father said?" He asked, in a low voice.

"I- I mean, It's a good solution and why wouldn't I? I asked baffled by his question.

"I don't know, just making sure, you're comfortable and feel safe." He replied with a smile.

I smiled in return and tried assuring him through ut, that I am. I trust him and I do kind of feel safe and comfortable.

We gathered our belongings and headed out of the library.

Reaching the door, he opened it and gestured for me to exit first. I gave him a grateful smile and stepped out.

He followed suit and soon we were walking side by side, of course with a decent distance.