13.

"I have never expected the novel to end like that!" I exclaim as I am talking to Sadia on the phone

"I have never expected the novel to end like that!" I exclaim as I am talking to Sadia on the phone. She is my maternal cousin and lives some 20 minutes away from our house. 

We have been close since we were toddlers, according to my mother and aunt. They often tell us stories about how we would always communicate in our baby language and end up doing some mischief. 

I am close to all my cousins actually but Sadia is an exception and I love her for that.

Being obsessed with books and baking, I never had someone to talk to about the books I have read or discuss the plots and what I have expected and what had me kicking my feet. 

But I am thankful to Allah for giving me everything I need in Sadia. She is my my everything disguised in a form of a cousin. 

Fun fact she is exactly a month elder than me! 

"Yaar, you know those type of color coordinated picknicks?" She suddenly asks after giving me a whole speech on the clues given in the plot before that indicate that the main protagonist is adopted. 

"You mean the ones where everybody buys snacks of one color and then they come together in a beautiful park and film aesthetic videos?" I ask remembering that I had planned this kind of picknick with my so called 'friends' and ended up doing nothing from what we have planned. 

"YES! YES! YESSS!" She shouts from my phone which is lying on my bed while I am being productive and folding my clothes and rearranging my closet, because I had went for shopping with Ammi and bought a lot of abayas and the same for Ramadan. 

I am so excited for fasting and the taraweeh! (late night prayers which are held in the month of fasting)

"Girl, you are on speaker and my eardrums are still in a very good condition." I reply smiling at her excitement. 

"Accha, but just hear me out na!" She whinnes like a baby. 

"I am all ears" I reply hanging my Abayas with their matching hijabs on the left side of my wardrobe. 

"So final exams are starting from the 15th which is in three weeks right?" she asks.

I nod but then realise that she can not see me so I add a "Yes".

"Lets meet up on the weekend and we can enjoy the autumn weather, do this color coordinated picknick and after some relaxing we can revise and quiz each other! What say?!" she completes her plan. 

"Sounds good" I agree "But a picknick just the two of us?" I ask to confirm if she is planning to invite more people or just us two. 

"We can inform Hamza, Hooriya and Salim, maybe they want to join and as Hamza Bhai has already graduated he can help us as he is experienced and Salim too but he will not leave Hooriya's side if she agrees to come." she replies while clapping her hands as if she already found the solution.