20.

After my Geography class, I was heading to the library, where Aaliyah was probably waiting for me

She isn't in my geography class as she chose physics and I was running late, because I couldn't help it but bring Aaliyah some snacks on the way to the library.

Directly working on the project would give her no time to eat and she's not fasting. She basically sits a seat away from me so I overheard when my noisy seat neighbor, Shahd, was asking whether she's fasting or not. That would sound like eavesdropping, so I told sehr half the truth.

She had denied and to my defense I had already noticed it earlier, that she had nail paint on. It was a very light shade but a glittery one, which shone in the sun rays.

So I decided to get some snacks from the cafeteria and give them to her before we dedicate our minds to the project, knowing that, otherwise, she wouldn't eat. 

She is very shy and would never eat in front of me. I don't know why, but there is this misconception, of the women not being allowed to eat and drink in front of males, during the time they don't fast in Ramadan.

I wasn't sure if she believes in that, but I surely knew that she wouldn't eat, with me present.

On top of that she won't have time to eat as we need to work on the project and I'm sure she didn't eat before coming to the library, because we were meeting right after class, so there isn't any suitable time for her to eat.

Aaliyah first tried denying but soon launched herself on the food. After she ate and drank, it was time for the project.

We presented to each other the ideas we collected and shortlisted five.

The day when we were paired, we decided that it's going to be something related to our Deen - The Islam.

There were many reasons why we chose it and luckily it got approved.

We discussed the top five and again shortlisted two. Finally we were able to decide on the exact topic which is....

SALAH / PRAYER

Salah, also called namaz, is the second pillar of Islam and a daily obligation upon all Muslims above baligh (mature) age. It plays a fundamental role in the Islamic faith and thus we decided it's the perfect topic.

As a project for the school, we came to the conclusion that a prayer room would be just perfect.

Now what was left was he execution and making the presentation.

Aaliyah started with the presentation on her iPad and meanwhile I made a sketch for the prayer room.

Among all projects which will be presented, only one is going to be approved of and implemented.

I hope it's going to be our Prayer room, because that would help so many student with praying their salah in time.

It's not just going to be a prayer room for the Muslims but also for other religions. It's going to be a 'Prayer room' where everybody will be welcomed who wants to communicate with their God and have a moment of peace.