Chapter 24: Chrissy

"I know everything about you," Chrissy Spencer slammed her hands against Knox's desk, causing the balls in his Newton's Cradle to shake

Knox gritted his teeth together. Chrissy held a strong resemblance to her sister Jessica. Seeing her reminded Knox of his cheating ex-fiancée.

Knox reached his hand out to stop the Newton's cradle. "Chrissy, I've told you before not to come here."

"What? Are you afraid everyone will find out the truth?" Chrissy hissed.

"You need to see a therapist, not barge into my office."

Chrissy's mouth curled in disgust. "You think I won't find out what happened to Jessica but you're wrong. I'll find out."

"And here I thought you already knew what happened to her," Knox muttered.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Didn't you say I killed her?"

"You—"

A knock at the door interrupted them. Gloria, Knox's secretary, opened the door slightly. "Mr. Knox, you told me to tell you when she arrived."

"Good. Have Nessa come in."

Gloria gave Chrissy a worried look before nodding and backing away from the door.

"I haven't introduced you," Knox said.

"To who?"

"My new girlfriend." Knox grinned as the heavy door swung open. Nessa stomped in, her head turned back towards Gloria.

"I'm only a little late, Gloria. Haven't you ever heard of sticking up for a co-worker?" Nessa whispered.

She turned to see Knox and Chrissy watching her. Nessa cleared her throat and straightened her shoulders. "You asked to see me?"

"Yes. This is Chrissy Spencer, she's Jessica's sister. Have I introduced you two before?"

Nessa frowned and Chrissy glowered at both of them.

"Chrissy believes I killed her sister," Knox said. "She may try and warn you I'm not someone to be trusted and I'm not safe."

Nessa's eyes jumped from Chrissy to Knox. "Okay..."

"Nessa," Knox said, turning to Chrissy. "Talks to ghosts."

"Are you mocking me right now?" Chrissy practically growled.

Nessa shook her head  "I don't think you should be—"

"Nessa, tell her what you told me about Jessica. What you've been telling me about her," Knox demanded, his eyes still on Chrissy.

"I really don't think—"

"Ask Jessica if I killed her."

"You're a piece of work," Chrissy whispered.