Chapter 29: Your Lips Are Mine

"I'm telling you again, I only met her on behalf of my job," Jason said, running a hand through his hair as the two detectives started at him

"I'm telling you again, I only met her on behalf of my job," Jason said, running a hand through his hair as the two detectives started at him. "Why would I call the police if I was the person who hurt her? Does that make any sense at all?"

"Maybe you want it to look like you're being framed," Detective Daniel Chavez said.

"You did sleep with your boss' fiancée," Daniel's partner, Rick, added.

"I wasn't the only one," Jason exclaimed, looking between both detectives.

Daniel grinned. "Is that so? Who else are you bring into your web of deceit?"

"This is the truth! Forget it. You won't believe me." Jason slumped in his seat.

"Try us," Daniel urged.

"We want to believe you," Rick said encouragingly.

Jason licked his lips and leaned forward. "You can't tell him I told you this, but Jessica was also messing around with Patrick."

"The brother?" Rick spat out in surprise.

Jason nodded. "Patrick also knew Chrissy was going to be waiting for Knox. I'm not accusing him of anything, but I'm innocent."

Rick shook his head in disbelief. "Patrick Marsden? Knox Marsden's brother?"

"That's the one," Jason answered. "She stopped meeting with me before she got involved with him. One night, I even heard him talking dirty to her on the phone. I never said anything because they're both adults and Knox knew Jessica was messing around but didn't care. If she told him to kill for her, he'd probably do it. When he falls in love, he falls hard."

"So, his own brother was messing around with Jessica Spencer." Daniel rubbed his chin. "It makes you wonder what was so special about her."

"A woman who constantly cheats?" Rick asked. "I'd say there's nothing special about her at all. Either way, it looks like we're going to have to pay Patrick Marsden a visit."

"I'm telling you, there's no way it's her

"I'm telling you, there's no way it's her. Whoever attacked me was wearing a mask and whoever attacked Chrissy, could've been too," Nessa said. "How would I have been able to hear Jessica if she was still alive? It's impossible."