Chapter 27: Meet ups and Murder

"You're going to meet Chrissy? Why? You should just ignore her at this point," Patrick said with a sigh

"You're going to meet Chrissy? Why? You should just ignore her at this point," Patrick said with a sigh. They were in Knox's office.

Jason fidgeted uncomfortably in his seat and Patrick frowned at him. "What's your problem?"

Jason's eyes widened. "What? Nothing. I have no problem. No problem whatsoever."

"Well, I need to explain to her in person that this has to stop," Knox said.

"She doesn't deserve that," Patrick muttered.

"Would you like me to go for you?" Jason offered. "I'll make sure she gets the message."

Knox hesitated. "I don't know..."

"I think it's a great idea," Patrick chimed in. "Let Jason take care of her. Maybe she'll finally get the hint not to bother you anymore."

"She said it was important," Knox reminded them.

"Even more reason to let Jason handle it," Patrick insisted. "She needs to understand you don't care what she has to say even if she claims it's important."

"It's agreed!" Jason shot up from his seat. "I'll meet her. Don't worry about Chrissy Spencer. I'll make sure she understands not to bother you anymore."

"I think it's for the best. Besides," Patrick said. "What if your new girlfriend gets upset?"

Knox tapped his desk. "I don't think she gets jealous."

"Really?" Patrick asked thoughtfully. "Where is she by the way? She was here earlier."

"She went to see her father. He and I had lunch and it didn't go well."

"Already meeting the parents? You two are moving fast." Patrick grinned. "Should I let mother know to start booking the wedding venue?"

"Stop being an ass, Patrick," Knox snapped.

"I better go." Jason pushed himself up and headed towards the door. "I'll be back once I've talked to Chrissy."

"I should be leaving too. As much as I'd love to hear about your love life with the donut licker, I have a meeting to get to," Patrick said. "I'll check in later."

Knox watched both men leave his office before checking his phone. He wondered if Nessa would give him an update on how her meeting with her father went.

 He wondered if Nessa would give him an update on how her meeting with her father went