𝘾𝙃𝙀𝘼𝙏𝙀𝙍

"have you seen arielle?" you ask, looking over at your best friend. you hook arms with her as you two walk down the hallway. she shrugs and looks around her.

"i haven't seen her for an hour. she should be here." bella mumbles, sitting down at the lunch table. you sit next to her, tossing your lunchbox down in front of you. you look around for walker, who usually comes to sit with your little group at lunch.

"hm." you huff when you can't see him. bella nudges you, a questioning look on her face. "i can't see walker." you say, still looking around.

"maybe he's doing work." bella suggests. you decide to take that idea and use it, so your mind doesn't travel elsewhere. the table feels empty without your friends there. you sigh, eating your food slowly. bella does the same, also feeling empty.

"i'm gonna go look for walker. you go look for arielle." you suggest, shoving your food back into your lunchbox and shutting it. bella nods and gets up, walking in the opposite direction. you walk off, looking in each room of the lower floor. you pass bella after about ten minutes, and you both have an annoyed look on your face.

"come on." you say, now getting frustrated. bella hums and hooks arms with you again, and you both make your way upstairs. you catch your foot on the last step and stumble. you curse, trying to catch your balance. bella helps you, in the midst of her laughing.

"shut up!" you yell playfully, slapping her arm. you can't help but giggle too as you two keep walking down the hall. you stop in front of your favorite teachers room, seeing the door was open. you pull bella in, happily seeing one of your favorite people.

"hi ms. brent!" you say cheerfully, skipping over and sitting in the seat in front of her desk. bella follows behind you with an awkward stance next to your seat. she didn't really know ms. brent, so she felt like the awkward student right now.

"hello lovely! what are you doing here?" she asks. "you should be in lunch." she says, a playful smile on her face. "you just couldn't wait until fourth period!" you shook your head with a smile.

"we're looking for walker. oh- and arielle. have you seen them?" you ask, looking over to bella then back at ms. brent. she looks down as if she's in deep thought.

"i had them second period, they were being cute as they always are. writing notes, holding hands. you know how they are, since you are both friends with them." she says innocently, looking up at them.

you feel a knife slash your heart. you stare down, as bella stares up at ms. brent.

"excuse me?" bella says, barely above a whisper. you swallow harshly, looking up at bella.

"thank you, ms. brent. i'll see you fourth period." you mumble, standing up.

"did i say something wrong?" ms. brent asks, genuinely confused. you shook your head, turning to her.

"no- no. you said everything right. thank you." you said, dragging bella out of the classroom. you shut the door behind you, still dragging her towards the bathroom. you could barely make it in there before you broke down crying.

bella wraps her arms around you tightly, bringing you down to the floor with her. you didn't care how unsanitary the floor was, neither did bella.

"it's okay, y/n." she whispered, rubbing your back. you both knew it wasn't. it would never be okay. your life is ruined. "i'll call your mom- tell her you're sick." she suggests, pulling you closer. you sob into her shoulder, gripping her shirt with a death grip.

"how could he do such a thing?!" you yell, and then suddenly you hear shuffling in one of the stalls. the door unlocks, and you see arielle walking out.

"oh my gosh, y/n, are you okay?" she asks, closing the door shut behind her. she's playing clueless, you can tell. you look at her with fire in your eyes before standing up. you walk up to her, push her aside, and sling open the door. you see a terrified walker, looking down at the ground.

"look- y/n- it was just a kiss." arielle mumbled, and made you turn. bella shoved her up against a wall, spitting threats in her face. you turn back to walker, walking up to him.

"i'm sorry." he says, not daring to look at you. you take a step closer to him, pointing a finger into his chest.

"i.." you start. "i hate you!" you yell, slapping him in the face. he looks at you, bringing his hand up to his cheek. "i know everything." you mumble, pushing him against the wall. you turn around and walk out of the stall. bella follows behind you after a minute,  jogging to catch up with you.

"i ought to beat both of their asses." bella mumbled, walking downstairs with you. you sigh shakily, looking down at the ground. you both make it down the stairs and take a left out of the building. you call your mom, asking for her to come get you. you wait out there with bella, sitting on the curb.

"y/n! wait!" a voice yells. you look behind you and see walker running out the doors. you turn back around, looking down at the ground. the last thing you want to see is him. "bella, can we have a minute?" he asks, tapping her shoulder. she squeezes your shoulder before walking off, but not too far.

you notice him sit next to you on the curb, and you're using everything you can not to cry.

"i know we're over. i'm really sorry. i know you don't want to hear me say this, but it really was just a kiss." he whispered, looking at you.

"and you still continue to lie." you mumble, barely enough for him to hear. he looks at you with wide eyes, then down at the floor. he picks up a rock and tosses it.

"we have been flirting for two weeks now. i should've known it was a stupid idea. i'm sorry." he says sadly.

you hear a familiar vehicle pull up. you don't say anything, don't look at walker, nothing. you stand up, walking over to bella. you invite her into the car with you. you both get in and leave a sad walker sitting on the curb, head in his hands.

****

1092 words