𝙋𝘼𝙍𝙏𝙔

thank y'all SO MUCH for 30k. i started writing this because i was sick and had nothing to do. i never realized i would (or even could) get this much support on something. i love y'all so much 🫶🏻

also this is like a no alcohol party (😉)

****

the music was loud. it was crowded. everyone was yelling and laughing. it was a good night. it was the first party you've been to. your friends made you come, but they disappeared as soon as you walked in.

you knew whose house this was. it belonged to your ex, walker. you've subtly been looking for him all night, but he's nowhere to be found.

you keep walking around, finding your way to the kitchen. it was just as crowded in there. you had to push your way through. you got startled as you were pulled back by your belt loops. you turn around quickly, meeting eyes with your best friend.

"i've been looking for you, y/n!" she said. "come on!"

"let me get a drink first!" you yelled back. you dragged her to where the drinks were so you wouldn't lose her again. you grabbed a soda out of one of the coolers and opened it. your friend yanked you and pulled you to where everyone was dancing. you held your drink away from you so you wouldn't spill it.

you danced with your friend for a while until it got too hot. you excused yourself and stepped outside. the cool air hit your face and you sighed. there were a few people out there, not nearly as many as inside.

you sit down on the patio and take a breath. you felt relieved that you were out of the crowd. you took a sip of your soda and people-watched for a bit.

you watched someone sit next to you out of the corner of your eye. you look over and it was a boy you've never seen before.

"why are you out here all by yourself?" he asked. you looked down at the drink in your hand.

"it got too hot in there. there's so many people." you said. he hummed and leaned back on his palms.

"i know, right. i didn't expect there to be this many people." he looked over at you. you could feel his eyes, so you looked back at him.

"look-" he started. "i saw you while you were inside and i thought you were really-"

"y/n!" a voice cuts him off. you turn your head to the voice. they point inside to where a huddle was forming. you get up, leaving the boy who was sitting there. you push yourself inside, weaving through the tight crowd. you get to the middle of the circle.

"oh my god." you mumble. your friend somehow found alcohol at a no alcohol party. typical. she was definitely wasted, pushing up on another girl to fight. the other girl was screaming in her face, pushing back at her. you walked up to your friend, gently grabbing her shoulder.

"get the fuck off of me!" she screamed, turning around and punching you in the face. she realized who she punched and realized she messed up.

"oh my god- y/n- i'm sorry, i didn't know it was you!" she yelled, slurring her words. you held your nose, which was definitely bleeding. you look up at her through teary eyes. you turn away and push yourself through the crowd. you walk upstairs, which was off-limits to the party. you didn't care.

you go into the bathroom, shutting the door behind you. you let out a shaky breath, uncovering your nose and looking at it. it was screwed up. it hurt like hell. there was blood dripping onto your shirt. you grab the nearest towel and cover it. the door opens behind you.

"did you not get the memo that the upstairs was off- holy-" you looked at who was in the mirror and froze. it was walker. he walked in and shut the door behind him.

"what happened?" he asked. you looked down, keeping the towel over your nose. you felt a hand on your back and you looked back up.

"y/n." he looked at you with soft eyes. you shook your head and took a breath. he sighed and gently turned you around. he held the towel now, pulling it away from your face as carefully as he could. you closed your eyes from the pain.

"gosh, who did you piss off?" he tried to make you laugh. you didn't.

"[best friend]'s name is drunk. she was trying to fight someone. i tried to get her away, and she just turned around and-" you punched your palm, making a popping sound. his eyebrows furrowed and he put your hand back over the towel so you'd hold it.

"i'll be back."

you watched him walk out of the door and not even five seconds later you hear him scream 'COPS!'. it didn't take three minutes before the house was empty. he came back in the bathroom and shut the door.

"they're gone now." he said, earning a smile from you. he grabbed a clean towel and got it wet, bringing it up to your face and wiping off the blood.

"is it broken?" you asked, your voice shaky.

"no, no, it's not broken. it'll just be a little sore for a while." he assured. he finished cleaning you up then he walked you to his room. he got out a shirt for you to change into. he stepped out and let you change.

you stared at the shirt. it was your favorite shirt of his from when you two were still together. he still remembers. you changed into it then opened the door for him to come back in.

"thank you, walker." you said, looking up at him. he smiled, looking into your eyes. you stared at each other for a while.

"i should probably get going. i'll get your shirt back to you when i-"

"you should stay."

you looked at him with wide eyes.

"i shouldn't. i've already made a mess of thi-"

"stay."

a smile formed on your face and you shut the door. he turned on his tv and changed it over to his xbox. he handed you a controller and you sat on his bed. he turned on call of duty.

"oh, you're done." you said, putting your hair in a ponytail.

"i've changed, y/n."

he's definitely changed.