𝙅𝙀𝘼𝙇𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙔

you sit on the bench in the schoolyard. you're with your best friend eating lunch. there's some other people sitting around you but you don't really care.

"i can't believe someone checked out my book." you said angrily, opening your lunchbox.

"it wasn't your book, y/n." your friend says. you roll your eyes and kick their shin. they wince and flip you off.

"it totally was! he literally saw me going to grab it, then took it right before i was about to pick it up." you complain. your friend laughs at you.

you look to the seat next to you as someone sits down. it was the boy who took your book earlier. he's looking at you as well, like he's trying to find some words.

"hey- uh- sorry i took your book, i didn't really think about it while i was doing it." he said. he clearly heard you complaining about it.

"oh jeez. um, it's okay. i'll just check it out later. i found a different book anyways." you said. you did not find another book. you just felt bad because the boy felt bad.

"are you a game of thrones fan too? is that why you were getting the book?" he asked, tilting his head.

"yes! i started reading them about a month ago and im obsessed!" you said. you were happy to find someone who shares interest with you. your friend did, but they weren't as into books as you were.

you and the boy talk for the rest of lunch, making jokes and arguing over which of the books was better. when the bell finally rang, you two said your goodbyes and went your separate ways. you walk with your friend to your next class.

"he was really sweet." you said to your friend. they just nodded and looked down. you look at them, confused. "what?"

"walker saw you." they said. you chuckled and nudged them.

"he won't care, y/f/n." you said, stopping in front of your class. "i'll see you later, 'kay?" you said, waving. they waved back and walked off.

you walk into the classroom and go and sit by walker. you kiss his cheek before you sit down.

"hi, walk." you say. he hums as acknowledgment and doesn't look at you. you tap him as you set your backpack down. "walker?" you ask, trying to get his attention.

"what?" he half-yells, slamming his book shut and looking at you. your eyes go wide as you stare at him. a few other people look at you two, and you look down at whatever he was reading.

"okay, um, what is up with you?" you ask, looking him up and down. he rolls his eyes and shoves his book in his bag. he glares at you before sighing.

"we'll talk about this later, okay?" he says, taking a breath. "i don't want to yell at you."

you feel the tension building up over the class period. you count down the minutes until the bell rings, and when it does you immediately stand up. you hear walker shuffling next to you, slinging his bag around his shoulder. he does t even look at you before he walks out of the classroom. you follow behind him, reaching for the handle of his backpack. you grab it and pull him into the janitors closet once you reach it.

"what the hell, walker?!" you ask, slamming the door behind you. he huffs and faces away from you. you grab him by his arm and make him turn.

"what the hell to me?" he yells, pulling his arm away. "i'm not the one who was flirting with another dude!" he said and you went silent. you look down at the ground and stay quiet. your body starts to shake and he realizes what he's done.

"y/n- i'm sorry. i didn't want to yell, i didn't mean to." he said and lifted your head up. it was then he realized you were laughing. he sighed and kept your face in his hands, letting you get all your giggles out.

"FLIRT?!" you wheeze out. "WALKER!!" you couldn't stop laughing. at some point the sound of your giggles make him laugh too. you finally calm down after a little to explain.

"one, he's ugly. two, he stole my book. he came to apologize because i guess he heard me complaining about it, then he sat down and we started talking about game of thrones. i pinky swear, even though he was nice im not interested." you say.

walker is staring at you now, his face was red as an apple. he looked down in embarrassment of how he overreacted.

"i-i'm sorry i got so heated." he mumbled. he was always stubborn when he had to apologize. you make a 'hm?' sound so you can hear him repeat it again. "i'm sorry, y/n." he said with a smile. "was that better?"

you giggle and hug him. he hugs you back and kisses your forehead. you two spend the last period of the day watching netflix on your laptop in the janitors closet, sharing your leftover lunch.

****

861 words