𝙇𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙀 𝙄𝙑

UPDATE::: THE LAKEHOUSE BOOK IS OUT!!! GO READ <33

i'm trying to get this out as quick as i can so yall won't be mad i left yall on a cliffhanger 😃

****

you fly out of your desk when you hear everyone downstairs. you basically glide down the staircase to the family of five. you stop on the last step, your feet won't move. you look at walker, who is staring right back at you. he looks so different. his curls are way more defined, he's gotten so much taller. he grew up. he gave you a gentle smile and walked away.

oh. it really is gonna be different.

your thoughts get cut off by leena pulling you in a hug. you hugged her back, knowing what she was trying to do.

"he's been acting weird since we left washington." she whispered in your ear. you hummed and let go of her. you two made a look to each other and you walked her upstairs to her room. you shut the door behind the both of you.

"how?" you ask. she set her bag down and opened it.

"he's barely talked. he's tried to act normal, but we can all tell it's an act. we just don't know why. well- everyone else doesn't know why. i do." she says, starting to unpack her stuff.

"well, why?" you ask, tilting your head.

"it's because of you." leena said, turning to face you. your face flushes red and you freeze. you both go silent as you hear footsteps coming upstairs.

"hey, leena. i need-" walker opens the door and stops. he glances at you then looks down. "i'll come back later." he says and shuts the door. you hear another door open and shut, assuming he went in his room.

"he won't even look at me! i haven't seen him in ten months, leena. why is he acting like im not even here?" you say, raising your voice. you feel tears rush to your eyes. leena sighs and pulls you in a hug.

"he's changed, y/n. but he still loves you just as much as he did before." she assured, rubbing your back. "he just hasn't warmed up yet." you sigh shakily and wipe your tears. maybe she's right. you thank her and walk out of her room. you go downstairs and to the kitchen.

your mom is in there with heather. you sit on the counter and look at the both of them, and they look right back at you. your mom looks at you like she's expecting something. you know exactly what she's expecting.

"six weeks." you mumble, looking down at the ground. "it's been six weeks since we've talked." heather looks at you, her eyes full of sadness.

"i'm so sorry, y/n. i don't know why he's acting like this." she said, hugging you. "you two will sort it out, i promise." you hum and let go of her. your mom watches this scene unfold, she felt sort of angry at walker for making her daughter feel this way.

once everyone got settled in it was close to dinner time. you and your mom were in the kitchen cooking. heather was sat at the island begging to help cook, but you and your mom wouldn't let her. your dad and pete were outside on the patio, talking about whatever. the rest of the kids were nowhere to be found.

"please let me just set the table at least." heather said. you shook your head and laughed.

"no, heather, you've been running around all day. you need to relax." your mom said while mixing up the ingredients. heather groaned and pouted. she was still such a kid at heart.