𝘽𝙄𝙍𝙏𝙃𝘿𝘼𝙔

thank you for 100 reads! it's crazy how i've gotten 100 in one day. i love yall! ❣️
also, pls don't be a ghost reader!! voting really helps ^^

****

you mope around in bed, not wanting to get up. it was your birthday, but you couldn't celebrate it with your favorite person. walker was filming, and wouldn't be back for a couple of months.

"okay, time to get up." your mom says as she barges in the room. you groan, covering yourself with the blanket. "get ready, we're going out to eat tonight for your birthday. you can't be sad about walker all day." she said, pulling the blanket off of you.

"do you think he forgot? he hasn't even texted me happy birthday today." you mumble and your mom sits down on your bed.

"if he did that would be a really shitty thing." she said, shrugging and smiling reassuringly. "i doubt he did though. maybe he's waiting to call you?" she suggested. "anyways, start getting ready. you can't waste this beautiful day of yours!" she said, kissing your head before walking out.

you groan while throwing yourself off of your bed. you throw yourself down at your vanity chair, looking at all of your stuff. you decided what to do, which took forever.

you decided to curl your hair and do your makeup. classic birthday style. it took almost two hours to finish getting ready. you change into your favorite jeans and sweater, staring at yourself in the mirror.

"come on, y/n. we're gonna be late." your mom yells from downstairs. you grab a few essentials for the road and leave your room. you walk downstairs, almost tripping on the last step like you do every time.

you ride with your mom up to the restaurant. sadly, your dad had work so he couldn't join. he still promised to give you the biggest hug when he sees you though.

you and your mom arrive at the restaurant. it was some fancy italian place with a gigantic exterior. the name was so weird you couldn't even pronounce it.

"mom, will you take some pictures of me?" you ask, handing her your phone. she laughed like she even had a choice. she took some photos of you, she did really good for a mom.

you and your mom enter the restaurant after taking the pictures. you get seated fairly quick, in the most beautiful corner. there was a chandelier above you that gave off the most elegant lighting. you sit down and smile at your mom.

"thank you for bringing me here, mom. i love it." you say happily. she giggles and looks down at the menu. you follow her actions, looking through the giant menu.

"jeez. there's so much, i can't even decide." your mom says, looking up at you. you hum in agreement and continue looking. a waiter comes up to take your drink orders, which went by fast.

"can i try your drink?" you ask your mom. she slides her drink over, letting you take a sip. your face contorted in a disgusting way. you had no clue what it was, and you were sure your mom didn't either.

"i think i might just get something simple- the unique ideas aren't sitting well with me." you say to your mom. she smiled. "why are you smiling?" you ask.

"i have something for you." she says, picking up her purse. she digs through it for a second before pulling out an envelope. it was white with red hearts all over it. you take it from her, looking at it confused.

you open it, seeing the cheesy cover. you could already tell who it was from. you open it, reading the writing.

y/n,
happy birthday! i wish i could be there with you to celebrate. i wrote this before i left because i knew your mom would keep it safe for you to have. i know im never good at writing letters and stuff, but i just really want you to know how much i love and miss you. i can't wait to see you again, sunshine.
-love, walker

you close the card and look up at your mom with teary eyes. she laughed and reached for your hand.

"he will be back soon, honey. it's only six more months." she says reassuringly. you wipe your eyes and giggle.

"i know, i just wish i could see him today. i really miss him." you say, squeezing your moms hand.

"hi, i'm your waiter, what can i get you guys to eat?" the man who approached asks, and you look up at him. you let your mom order first, then you order. the waiter leaves and you go back to chatting with your mom.

a little while later your food comes, and you wait until your mom's has as well. you both dig in happily. if anyone were to look at you both, it would seem like y'all haven't ate in weeks. you both scarfed your food down like air. like mother like daughter, i guess.

you both decide not to get desert and to just get the bill. your mom pays and you two leave, arms locked together.

"awh, y/n, you should go take pictures over there." your mom said, pointing to a lit up heart ahead of them. the heart was so bright against the night sky. you two walk over to it, and you see someone standing in the middle of it.

"wait- mom- we're interrupting something." you say, pulling her back. "we can wait until they're done." your mom laughs and nudges you. you look at her and then back at the person standing in the middle of the heart and it all clicks. you drop everything you had in your hands and run towards the person.

"walker!!" you scream, tears making their way to your eyes. you throw yourself towards him, and he grabs you and holds you tightly. he must've had something in his hands too because he dropped it as well. you could hear the sound of it hitting the ground.

"hi, sunshine, happy birthday." he said happily, his voice sounding like he could've been crying too. you let go of him and stare at him, noticing the tears falling down his face. he wiped the tears off of your face before wiping them off of his.

"how are you here?" you whisper, keeping eye contact with you. he smiled happily.

"i'll tell you about it later." he says before pulling you into a kiss.

****

1093 words