𝙏𝙄𝙈𝙀 𝙁𝙇𝙄𝙀𝙎

"who are you?"

six year old you says. a slightly taller blonde boy is standing in front of you with his arms crossed.

"none of your business." he said, sticking his tongue out. you roll your eyes and walk away from him. he follows behind you, stepping in front of you after a few seconds. he crossed his arms again.

"what do you want?" you ask. he bit the inside of his cheek and looked at you. he was trying to ask something.

"will you push me on the swings?" he asked, looking down nervously. you hum in thought, acting like it was really difficult to think about.

"you were mean to me at first." you say, crossing your arms in return. he sighed and mumbled out an insincere apology. you took it for what it was.

"i'll push you for five minutes and then you have to push me." you say.

"deal!" he cheered loudly. "my name is walker." he extended his hand in a fist. you bump his fist with a small giggle.

"y/n." you said.

**

fifteen years old.

ever since that day on the playground, you and walker were attached at the hip. everyone knew walker and you. everyone was convinced you two were dating all the way from 5th grade to 7th grade. y'all were not, as much as you wanted to be.

it was your birthday. you were waiting for everyone to arrive. you suddenly hear the door burst open without knocking.

"hey, y/n- i didn't know what to get you, so i just got you a dr pepper." he said, holding the bottle up. you were never a fan of big gifts anyways, and at least he knows your favorite drink.

"you know me so well." you said, hugging him. "thank you." you could feel walker take a deep breath. you decided to ignore it.

"you're welcome." he mumbled, letting go of you.

you looked up at him with a big smile. he couldn't help but return it. neither of you realized his hand move to sit on your waist. he did at some point- and he tore his hand away too fast.

**

"where's walker?" seventeen year old you asks your mom.

"he left five minutes ago. did he not tell you?" she said, looking up curiously. you shook your head and walked to the door, looking out of the window. you saw walker's familiar figure standing in the middle of the driveway. you sigh and walk outside, standing next to him.

"and you're out here.. for what?" you asked, hugging yourself to keep warm. "it's freezing. the wind is crazy, dude. come back inside."

you looked up at walker. he's grown so much since you were six. of course he would, it's been 11 years. a lot has changed.

walker didn't look at you. he stared ahead, arms crossed against his chest. you leaned on him, laying your head on his chest.

"you wanna tell me why you're out here, walker?" you ask.

"i'm just thinking." he mumbled, wrapping one of his arms around your shoulder.

"do you want to come think inside? i really don't get why you had to come outside to-" you cut yourself off when you feel walker lift your head. he stared at you intensely. you tilted your head to the side in confusion. he smiled softly and hugged you tightly.

"i'm so happy to have you." he whispered in your ear, kissing your head. you hugged him, the cold disappearing now that he was keeping you warm.

**

nineteen years old.

walker is moving next week. he has to move to los angeles for his work. he's getting really popular, and you couldn't be more proud. you were upset that he was leaving, but you were proud. your best friend is onto new things in life.

and he's leaving you behind.

you sit on walker's bed, watching him pack.

"are you sure you don't want me to go with you?" you ask. he laughed and rolled his eyes.

"you already told me you couldn't. trust me, if you told me you could i would've bought a two bedroom apartment." he said, standing up from his suitcase. you looked around his empty bedroom.

"i'll miss you." you say, looking at him. he walks over and kneels down in front of you. he wrapped his arms around you and hugged you close. you naturally reciprocated the motion.

"i'll miss you too. we will still talk though, promise."

he left the following week. you were the last person he saw at the airport before he boarded. after a long hug and a kiss on the cheek, he was gone.

you don't know when you would see him again.

**

thirty years old.

"these e-mails won't stop!" you yell angrily. you look at the man in front of you, who is sitting at the other side of the dining table.

"honey- it's your job. you gotta watch the audition videos." your husband said, resting his chin in his hands.

"i know- it's just so much. i'll watch a few, then im done for the night. i'll do the rest in the office tomorrow." you say. you spend the next hour watching the audition videos, deciding which ones to send to the officials.

you end up falling asleep at the dining table.

you wake up in your bed the next morning. you assume your husband brought you in there. you got up, doing your daily morning routine. at 8:30, you were out of the door and on the way to work.

you walk the slim sidewalk to your work building. you sigh as you feel a few raindrops hit the top of your head. you make it to your building, reaching to open the door. a hand stops you by reaching for the door before you.

"after you, miss." you hear a deep voice say; you didn't think too much of it. you looked up at the man and thanked him.

"y/n?" you hear the voice say once you've taken a few steps inside. you stop in your tracks, turning around. the man walks up to you, closing the door behind him.

"who are you?"

****

i just yip yapped this whole thing bc i needed to get something out 🙌🏻

1050 words