𝙇𝘼𝙆𝙀 𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙀 𝙄𝙄

daily reminder to react, vote, and comment!! ❣️

****
you never knew how fast a month could go by. you weren't at the lake house anymore. you were home, and walker was at his house getting ready to leave. you couldn't believe the time has come. you won't see him for almost a whole year. he's gonna miss your birthday, and you're gonna miss his. you've never missed each others birthday.

you sit in the car, staring out the window as your mom drives you to the scobell's house. you could've walked, but it was raining. it barely takes a minute before you're there, rushing inside and up the stairs. the house was eerily quiet, the only sound you heard was your mom closing the door once she got inside. conversation erupted quietly downstairs between your mom and his parents.

you walk up to walker's room, stopping when you see his door wide open. he never has his door open. you stop in his doorway and lean against the framing. his room is dark, the only way you can see is his lamp that is turned on in the corner. you watch him as he is sat on the edge of his bed, holding something. he's staring down at it, he seems even more sad then you are.

it feels like he's dead. like everyone's mourning, even him. he isn't dead though, but you know everything's still changing. you two will still get to talk, but it won't be the same. it may never be the same. you have no clue what could happen over 10 months.

you watch walker for a little longer before you walk in and sit next to him. you both sit in silence as you look down and see what he has been staring at. it was a photo of you two when you were younger. it was a sweet picture. you were on walkers back in a robin costume and he was in a batman costume.

you lean on his arm and stare down at the picture. you hear him sigh shakily and look up to see him crying. this immediately made you start crying.

"you know, we haven't been- a-apart for over a week since we met." he whispered, his voice cracking as he spoke. you squeeze his arm and he puts the photo down. "i'm not ready to go."

"i know." you whisper back. you try to hold back a sob but it's no use. you turn and shove yourself into him, hugging him tightly. he hugs you back just as tight, crying into your shoulder. at this point someone would've thought someone did die.

you both cry until you can't anymore. you stay as you were, arms wrapped around each other. the downstairs has gone quiet now, it's just the sound of both of your uneven breathing.

"what am i gonna do?" you ask, looking up at him. he chuckles and reaches up to wipe the tears off of your face. your hand follows his, holding it to your cheek. you lean into it, taking in the warmth.

"we're gonna be okay," he tries to reassure you. "i promise. when i come back, we won't spend a day apart." you knew that wasn't true but you're glad he said it.

"what if it's different?" you ask. he sighs and looks away from you. your eyebrows furrow and you look at him questioningly. "do you think it'll be different?"

"i really hope not." he says, looking back at you. you both stare at each other for a long time, taking in each others features for what could be the last time for a long time.

you let out a shaky breath and lay your head on his shoulder. he lays his head on top of yours and sniffles.

"can i stay? just for one last night? so i can see you when you leave in the morning?" you ask, still staring down at the ground.