𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙏𝙀𝙉𝘿

thank yall so much for 20k reads 🫶🏻

reminder that i have a book published of the lake house!! yall should def go read ^^

also lets just say they're old enough to go on a trip by themselves

****

a big beach trip was coming up with all of your friends. everyone was going with their significant others. and by everyone i mean everyone.

everyone except you.

you never found the big deal in having relationships. it was just something that always ended badly. it always ended with heartbreak.

you felt sort of left out when it came to this trip. you were the only one who was bringing a friend. this friend just so happened to be a boy. this friend just so happened to be as crazy as you.

"walker- you gotta hear me out on this." you said. walked flopped down on the couch that you were sitting on. he laid his head in your lap.

"what is it now?" he asked.

"okay, so, whenever we go on the trip, what if we pretend that we're together. you know if we don't we're gonna be the odd ones out. [exs name] is gonna be there!" you explained, pulling gently at his curls.

"you're psycho." he said. "i love it."

you laughed at him. you two spent the next three hours planning. you planned everything, you had to sell it. your ex was going to be there.

**

the day finally came.

you're sitting in the airport with your friend. you're discussing who is going to have what room in the condo.

"so," your friend says. "[bfs name] and i want the blue room."

you've just now realized that you're gonna have to share with walker. you've had a sleepover once with him and you swore to never do it again. he kicks like a donkey in his sleep.

"that's fine because i wanted the pink one." you said. walker came and sat down next to you, yawning sleepily.

"does he want the pink room?" your friend said. you hesitated before reaching over and grabbing his hand. you have to sell.

"he doesn't care as long as he gets to sleep comfortably." you joked. you felt walker squeeze your hand. you looked over at him; he was slumped back in the seat, his head hanging back. you snorted and looked away from him.

"y'all are so cute, y/n. i'm so glad yall finally decided to share your feelings for each other. it only took, what- six years?" your friend said.

finally? there's no actual feelings going on, right?

"yeah, i know, right." you said, glancing at walker. he had a sly smile on hits half-asleep face. you roll your eyes and let go of his hand.

after a long wait time and boarding your group was on the plane. you and walker sat next to each other, arguing over who gets the window seat.