Chapter 7: Chapter Seven

"What's happened this time?"

Dean Albert looked up from behind his desk and took in the image that was Harold Swift aka Harry Potter. The pain in his ass and yet the man of knowledge. The person that had saved his ass on more than one occasion and caused him more headaches than he would admit. Albert was just glad that he worked for Albus most of the time and not him. He'd even gone so far as to look up the laws in regards to a member of the Department having an incident with a time device. Harry had been correct and had followed the laws to the tee. That meant that he still worked for the department, since he already employed by them, for the amount of time that he was out of his timeline. His chosen name was registered with the department and everything else to do with the man's life before the incident was in a sealed file. In other words, Albert was suck with the man.

"Nothing," Albert answered. "I have some work for you."

"Okay," Harry said and sat down on the seat before his desk. "What do you have?"

"We need more glass containment balls for the prophecy room."

"You want glass balls," Harry remarked with a wink. "I'm sure I can supply you with some glass balls."

Albert clenched his teeth but wasn't going to bite.

"Since you have children to order around," Albert said gruffly.

"I have lackies to do my work for me," Harry said with a grin. "It's like I'm back running the Department of Mysteries."

"How is your work on the time device going?"

"Trying to get rid of me already?"

"Yes," Albert deadpanned.

Harry just laughed at his expression, "I'm no closer now than I was in my own time."

"Bugger."

xXx

"Everyone, come in and stand at a desk," Swift called out to the students in the hallway. "Today we have some work for the Department of Mysteries to conduct."

Severus followed everyone in to see large desks set up in the room with a large cauldron each and cloth bags. He frowned as he stood behind a desk and looked everything over. His first thought was that they were going to be making a potion. He glanced around to see the confusion mirrored in his fellow students.

"Does everyone know what the Department of Mysteries is?" Swift called and a few students shook their head. "It's the dumping ground for all the other Departments, Mr Potter?"

"Is it part of the Aurors?" James questioned.

"No," Swift answered as he leaned back on his desk. "We can work in tandem with the Aurors but are not part of enforcing laws. The Department deals in objects and other items that have unknown origins or dangerous inclinations." Swift shrugged. "A dumping ground, Mr Lupin?"

"Do you work for the Department of Mysteries?" Remus inquired.

"I do," Swift answered. "The man that came to escort me from the Great Hall is the Head of the Department and is also the person responsible for today's lesson."

Swift pushed off from his desk and stepped around the other side before flicking his wand. Instruction appeared on the board behind him.

"Today we'll be making up glass balls," Swift announced and a few of the boys snickered. "This is a complex spell with aspects from potions. These balls are not just for bling but will serve a purpose."

"What purpose?" James blurted out.

Swift glanced over at the Gryffindor and James shrunk back.

"There is a room in the Department that holds the essence of every true prophecy made," Swift explained as he stared at James until the boy shifted on his feet. "If your balls are good enough, Mr Potter. They will be used to hold that essence." Sirius snickered beside James. "Even with the practise that you may have already had in such...spell work. Your balls may not be up to scratch for what will be needed."