Chapter 14: Chapter Fourteen

Harry stood in an empty room in the Department of Mysteries with Severus seated at the side of the room. Harry pulled out a small trunk and expanded it to full size. He shrugged out of his jacket and shirt until he stood in just his jeans before he knelt down before the trunk and selected a knife and set it on the ground. He placed his wand beside the knife and a few polished stones.

"Severus," Harry called and he came over to him. "We'll just place the trunk to the side of the room."

Harry stood and helped Severus carry the trunk and placed it down. Harry ignored the way that Severus's eyes would linger on his bare chest. Harry snagged up his clothes and held them out to Severus.

"Just sit back down and watch," Harry said. "I doubt it will be that interesting for you. If I pass out then get the medic outside the door."

"Do you think that you will?" Severus asked.

"Most likely," Harry replied. "This is a powerful and complex spell. I would normally work with another witch or wizard but I don't trust someone here enough."

Severus nodded but his eyes were intense. Harry turned away from that and headed back to where his wand, knife and the stones sat on the floor. He sat down and crossed his legs as he focused his mind and slipped into a trance. He'd chosen this room for a reason as he focused his mind on the spell. It was quiet and empty and deep enough in the Ministry not to be tainted by too much magic.

He picked up his wand loosely in his hand and the knife in the other. He sharpened his mind as he attuned his breathing to Severus's behind him. It was the only sound in the room as Harry started the spell. He had to cast his magic out like a net around the country and that was hard enough. He only wanted to cover the land with the spell but had to pass over water as he cast his mind out. Time meant nothing to him as everything else faded away. He knew that his breathing would continue in line with Severus's own. He was his anchor in a way.

He wove in the spells that he wanted and whispered them under his breath. The three unforgiveables rolling off his tongue as he focused on the magic. He wasn't proud to say that he could cast all three as he worked the spells into what he wanted. He took his time to get it one hundred percent right. There was no room of error.

Severus drew his eyes down the hard body of Harry before him. He could stare all he liked as his teacher worked the spell. Severus could feel himself responding to the hard muscle on display and had to reign in his thoughts. That didn't stop his eyes from roaming. Harry had a large scar down his left side that looked like he'd been dragged along the ground that ran from under his armpit and down to the line of his jeans. Severus was sure that it reached further that he couldn't see.

Harry had a Celtic tattoo on his left shoulder of interlocking lines and a large red dragon on his other shoulder. The designs were muggle but the dragon looked so real that it felt like its gold eyes were watching him. He wasn't used to seeing tattoos since they were very taboo. On Harry they looked right.

Severus stood from his chair when he noticed that Harry was whispering under his breath. He crouched down before the wizard and felt coldness run through him as he picked up that Harry was saying the unforgiveables under his breath. Severus sat down before the man while Harry held his wand in his fingertips. The stones that Harry had placed on the ground had an odd glow to them.

Severus cocked his head to the side but couldn't place the colour since it kept changing. Harry picked up the knife with his eyes closed. Severus flinched when Harry sliced into his hand and his blood bloomed. The blood dripped to the floor as Harry opened his eyes. Severus shivered at the unfocused and blank look in those normally sharp eyes. He knew that Harry wasn't seeing him or the room as he looked down. Harry gathered up the stones and piled them up. He held his hand up as his blood dripped over the stones. They flashed up gold with every drop while Severus watched him carefully.